172N Doorpost Map Light Replacement

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Anyone have a link or an idea on where to find the red color bulbs for the doorpost lamp? I've searched our service manual and couldn't find anything beyond the panel lights.

Electronics parts houses (mostly the hobby-variety) used to carry a clear coating that you dipped a regular incandescent bulb in to make it red (or green, or yellow, or whatever color you bought). Don't know if it still exists, what with colored LEDs making all the news.

I wonder if a Sharpie red marker pen might put a thin enough coating on a clear bulb?

Jim

I may or may not have lightly spray painted a clear one...and it works great ;)

I finally got the bulb cleaned enough to make out the serial number. However, both my mechanic and myself can't find this bulb. We're thinking its been dipped.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 23
I finally got the bulb cleaned enough to make out the serial number. However, both my mechanic and myself can't find this bulb. We're thinking its been dipped.

Just to pick flyspecks out of the pepper, it isn't a serial number or a model number. It is a PART number. If you had posted a photograph of it, we could have cleaned this problem up a few days ago.

:needpics:

Thanks,

Jim

Anyone have a link or an idea on where to find the red color bulbs for the doorpost lamp? I've searched our service manual and couldn't find anything beyond the panel lights.

???????????????????

Took longer for the parts manual to download than find the reference.

Sweet. I couldn't find a parts manual that had the map light in it.

Found the bulb. Textron wants $45 for the darn thing. The cheapest I've found is $25....

Holy Price Gouging Batman!!!!

wife's red nail-polish ,keep in tool box

wife's red nail-polish ,keep in tool box

Exactly. Cut it 50-50 with acetone to make it a little brighter but with the same shade.

Here you go. A lifetime supply. 89 cent apiece

Box of 10 #313R Red Auto Truck Aircraft Bulb 28V 4.76W

• 47r__97692.1464714745.30.30.png
  • BA9s__67539.1464714746.30.30.png

Price:
$8.99 SKU:LMP313R Brand:Eiko Condition:New Shipping:Calculated at checkout

Jim

Back