What are currently the best EFBs for Android?

If you’re talking to me, I am only stating facts about my own experience and made it clear that others may have equally acceptable results with their own choice. I don’t understand why people get so brand loyal to the point of religion. I believe that if something is working for you, why change?
Yes, I'm talking to you. You claim that individuals should trust their own experience, yet you seem to insist that your experience should override the OP's experience--it's NOT working for him:
My iPad screen has issues ... I hate my iPad, the worst part of FF is the hardware.

I'm tired of it overheating, I don't use it for anything other than FF because I don't like the interface. The bluetooth takes way too long to wake up devices.

I'm sorry that you're mad that someone has used an Apple product and had a bad experience with it. Thanks for letting everyone know that you love everything about yours. It's been noted.

Now, take your own advice to drop the religion and get back to the OP's question so he can decide for himself if he wants to make a change:
Are their any good Android options out there?

Garmin Pilot on android rocks, well atleast on samsung s8+ and up. that being said, i had to switch to apple due to someone stealing my samsung tablet and it being 300$ more than the apple air to replace it. 8( , so unfortunately, i'm an apple user now.

LET'S GO PACERS

Garmin Pilot has been okay on my Samsung A7 Lite. But the plane is TAA with its own GPS so I use it more for planning than actual in-flight situational awareness. It also runs well on my Pixel 4A(5g) phone as a backup.

If I end up buying something like an old Citabria then I'll likely upgrade my tablet.

Is there an Android app that communicates through a FlightStream 210?

I am really happy with Apple devices, but I wish they’d be more heat-tolerant, and as easy as Android to transfer music to. If not for Foreflight I’d be pretty indifferent, maybe.

I've used a variety of Android devices (hardware and software) for flying over the years. Currently, I'm using iFly EFB software by Adventure Pilot and I'm very happy with it. I like the features, the cost and the enthusiasm of the developers. They actually send me personal emails when I have a question, complaint, or a suggestion. Check it out at https://www.iflyefb.com/

FWIW - love the I Fly in the cockpit because of the easy to use simplified commands and the extra bright screen of my tablet. But once or twice a year it has crashed and re booted, once on final. Love F Flight, especially on the ground. But on bright Georgia summer days it has over heated once or twice and is always (for me) washed out and hard to see. So yeah, I fly with both, liking what each does and completely trusting neither. It works.

FWIW - love the I Fly in the cockpit because of the easy to use simplified commands and the extra bright screen of my tablet. But once or twice a year it has crashed and re booted, once on final.
Same. IFly froze on me in a stressful situation. I use it but I don't trust it fully.

Reactions: WDD
As a CFI,I REALLY LIKE Aviator Assistant abd recommend it to my students.
You will like the price too!
Works in Android or Ipad.
I’m looking at it and it looks good. But I’m wondering about support, so I sent them a question (I do that often). Other than the automated “we got it” response, nothing yet. But I sent it Friday and it is the weekend.
I did a 2.6 hour cross country with Aviator Assistant on my Samsung phone yesterday. Found it a bit too unstable for my taste. The disappearing Sectional was particularly annoying. Seems to be a sweet spot where it shows. Zoom in or out beyond that and it simply disappears.

And no, no response to my support question yet. But it’s early on Day 4.

They were responded with a couple days to a question I put to them when I was on the free trial period. I had issues with adding aircraft profiles and they updated the app within days.

They were responded with a couple days to a question I put to them when I was on the free trial period. I had issues with adding aircraft profiles and they updated the app within days.
OTOH, I’m still counting. I’ll report back if I hear from them. I’m going to try something…

Back