You are not medically cleared to operate an aircraft

Fuzailkhan301

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fuzail Khan
Good evening,

I am currently in process of getting my 3rd class medical. I have a minor diagnosis of Autism, and I have already got my Neuropsychological evaluation done in April. As per the request from the FAA, they have received my evaluation report during the first week of July. A couple days ago in MedXPress it was showing that it is in final review, and now earlier this evening, I have signed into my MedXPress and I see that they have denied my certificate it says

"Review of your application is complete. You will receive correspondence with additional details via mail.

You are not medically cleared to operate an aircraft.

Under 14 CFR § 61.53, it is unlawful for the holder of a medical certificate to exercise such privileges if he/she has a known medical history or condition, which makes him/her unable to meet the physical requirements for that certificate."

I don't know what to do at this point, I have already gotten my evaluation done, or is something the FAA is asking for more documentation. I've sent them alot of things, a college professor's recommendation letter, A college transcript with a 4.0 GPA and a personal written statement. Can y'all guide me, is there any pilots here who has autism had to go through this process?

Good evening,

I am currently in process of getting my 3rd class medical. I have a minor diagnosis of Autism, and I have already got my Neuropsychological evaluation done in April. As per the request from the FAA, they have received my evaluation report during the first week of July. A couple days ago in MedXPress it was showing that it is in final review, and now earlier this evening, I have signed into my MedXPress and I see that they have denied my certificate it says

"Review of your application is complete. You will receive correspondence with additional details via mail.

You are not medically cleared to operate an aircraft.

Under 14 CFR § 61.53, it is unlawful for the holder of a medical certificate to exercise such privileges if he/she has a known medical history or condition, which makes him/her unable to meet the physical requirements for that certificate."

I don't know what to do at this point, I have already gotten my evaluation done, or is something the FAA is asking for more documentation. I've sent them alot of things, a college professor's recommendation letter, A college transcript with a 4.0 GPA and a personal written statement. Can y'all guide me, is there any pilots here who has autism had to go through this process?
You will get a letter detailing your options.

Back