Yes, the right answer is always "Bonanza"

Congratulations and welcome to the Bonanza world. If you haven’t yet you should join the American Bonanza Society. The best type club with more information than you can believe.

Congratulations and welcome to the Bonanza world. If you haven’t yet you should join the American Bonanza Society. The best type club with more information than you can believe.
Already there, and the pre-buy info there was VERY helpful.

That is simply beautiful - I hope you love yours as much as I do mine!

Where in this grand nation will you be based?
I alternate between my office in Houston (KLVJ) and our farm in Wisconsin (KETB). This plane is resident at KETB already, so it will remain there for a while, then go back and forth between the two. Tip tanks were a requirement for this purchase!

:cheers:

I assume you’re now looking for an A&P and a DER so you can do the major mods for a pressurized cabin and a second engine.....
:biggrin:
LOL...yeah, reality and insurance quotes adjusted my expectations!

In all seriousness, a Bo should be capable enough to keep me going at least until I build enough experience for something bigger.....maybe longer.

LOL...yeah, reality and insurance quotes adjusted my expectations!

In all seriousness, a Bo should be capable enough to keep me going at least until I build enough experience for something bigger.....maybe longer.

In all truth, it's not just piloting experience, it's also aircraft ownership experience. There is a TON to learn about owning and maintaining a plane, and there's a network to be built and resources to be found. For me, I'm glad I started doing that with a simpler plane (and mine is very simple: fixed gear, fixed prop, manual flaps, basic 6-pack, etc.). It takes time and effort to learn how to get things done.

congratulations!! Welcome to the v tail club

Absolutely join the bonanza society. Lots of great type specific information there.

Congrats! Welcome to the cul... I mean club! ;)
It’s a cult. You can leave a club.

Congrats to the OP. You’re going to love the plane and you’ll have a very hard time ever talking yourself into upgrading out of it. The Bonanza really is hard to beat. Most people just upgrade into other Bonanzas.

Last edited:
Congratulations you bought into a aircraft that has been in continuous production longer than any other aircraft in history. A bit of advice look for someone that knows the aircraft it will save you money in the long run. A good clue if the shop you are going to use only has jacks instead of the Beechcraft aircraft stand look for another shop.

Congrats. I remember when that plane was for sale before going to auction. Hope you got a good pre-buy.
I have known this plane and the owner for a long time, and have flown it as recently as last week. I went over the plane with an ABS guy before bidding, and there are a couple of things that will get done as quickly as I can get them scheduled.

Back