Xbox Live to Xbox 360 Live - anyone?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Ok, so if my youngest reads this, he's just spoiled his Christmas surprise.

He's got an Xbox and an Xbox Live account. We got him the Xbox 360 for Christmas, which includes a free Halo 3 if you upgrade from Xbox Live to Xbox 360 Live, then go to the Xbox website and enter the promo code.

As near as I can tell, you upgrade the Live account by physically hooking up the new Xbox360 and connecting to the Live account via the console? Anyone know for sure?

My last experience with a game console was Mario Brothers on Nintendo ...

Don't have an Xbox, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like you'll just log onto Xbox live through the console like you normally would. I doubt you have to do any changes or an upgrade of sorts. I'm sure your son will login without any problems and the system will make any appropriate changes to his account without your intervention (i.e. I'm pretty sure the billing information won't need to be re-entered).

So my thoughts? Wrap it and forget about it til the 25th :D

Don't have an Xbox, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like you'll just log onto Xbox live through the console like you normally would.
That's the problem - I don't log in ... he explained the login when I asked him "just out of idle curiousity" while watching him play ... the gibberish he spouted sounded sorta like "right trigger X left trigger X up down left right sisboombah ... " then do the hokey-pokey and turn yourself around ...

I doubt you have to do any changes or an upgrade of sorts. I'm sure your son will login without any problems and the system will make any appropriate changes to his account without your intervention (i.e. I'm pretty sure the billing information won't need to be re-entered).

So my thoughts? Wrap it and forget about it til the 25th :D

Well, the sneaky SOBs at Microsoft already thought that's what most parents would do. In order to get the free game, the Live account has to be updated by Dec. 21 ... so looks like I'm either going to have to struggle thru it myself, or hire one of his friends to come over to the house when he's gone.

That's the problem - I don't log in ... he explained the login when I asked him "just out of idle curiousity" while watching him play ... the gibberish he spouted sounded sorta like "right trigger X left trigger X up down left right sisboombah ... " then do the hokey-pokey and turn yourself around ...

Well, the sneaky SOBs at Microsoft already thought that's what most parents would do. In order to get the free game, the Live account has to be updated by Dec. 21 ... so looks like I'm either going to have to struggle thru it myself, or hire one of his friends to come over to the house when he's gone.

Ouch.

There may be a code your son has to access the Live account. Your best option might be to call XBox Live customer support (1-800-4MY-XBOX) and explain the situation. Tell them you don't want to open your son's gift and his joy rests on their shoulders. :D I'm assuming your credit card is the one on file, they should be able to pull up the account via that.

Back