Wings of Hope Belize Mission Pilot Position Available

Ken Pedersen

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Pedersen

Wings of Hope has an opening for a Mission Pilot in Belize. The Pilot will be flying a stretcher-equipped PA 32 300, working with BERT (Belize Emergency Response Team), operating from Belize City and flying within the country of Belize. The position requires a minimum commitment of one year. A two-year commitment is preferred, and applicants willing to make a two-year commitment will be given preference. Applicants must hold a current Commercial Pilot License. Also, 1,000 hours TT, and an Instrument rating are both strongly preferred criteria. Pilots will be provided with a home by BERT, as well as a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, and a two-week vacation. Pilots are encouraged to bring their spouses. For more information or to request an application, please contact the Wings of Hope HR Team at 636-537-1302.

Wings of Hope has an opening for a Mission Pilot in Belize. The Pilot will be flying a stretcher-equipped PA 32 300, working with BERT (Belize Emergency Response Team), operating from Belize City and flying within the country of Belize. The position requires a minimum commitment of one year. A two-year commitment is preferred, and applicants willing to make a two-year commitment will be given preference. Applicants must hold a current Commercial Pilot License. Also, 1,000 hours TT, and an Instrument rating are both strongly preferred criteria. Pilots will be provided with a home by BERT, as well as a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, and a two-week vacation. Pilots are encouraged to bring their spouses. For more information or to request an application, please contact the Wings of Hope HR Team at 636-537-1302.

Do they need Speech Language Pathologists down there? This is a volunteer position correct?

....can't answer whether there's a need for speech pathologists......best to contact BERT directly. We're looking for a qualified pilot who wants to immerse himself (and spouse) in Belize's culture, ferrying medical teams to remote villages to provide both urgent and preventive medical attention, including bringing seriously injured or ill people back to larger medical facilities such as in Belize City. Volunteer position? A monthly stipend is provided, amount unknown to me, but likely not large enough for resort style living, LOL.

Ideally January 1, 2018 with a brief transition time either before or after. But hey....nothing's cast in bronze. If you're interested please call our HR dept for all the details and arrangements: 636.537.1302

A great opportunity for someone. If I had another 500 hours, I would be calling

-MF

Sounds like a great retirement project. I'd be eligible in six years or so, but I don't think my wife would like the tropics. :(

Back