Which Oil Quick Drain Hose for my Arrow II

maduro

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
I am trying to buy the correct oil drain hose for my 73 Arrow II at Aircraft Spruce but I don't know which quick drain hose I need. This is the photo of my oil drain plug. I usually take a plastic hose and push up on the drain plug which causes the oil to drain but I have to hold the hose and apply pressure on the drain plug or the oil will stop draining. It's hard on the arms. Anybody know which drain hose I need by looking at this photo? Thanx.

Oil Drain Plug Small.jpg

You need a low profile drain valve because of the gear.
You are missing the nipple that 1/4 turn locks into the drain valve to allow it to drain. You can slip any kind of hose over it.
I bet yours is this one?
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/curtis05-15400.php?clickkey=185959

This is my buddys Arrow II it's a PA-28R-200. His appears to be different than yours, Safe Air. It uses a female brass fitting that screws over the drain valve and there again any kind of hose can be used.
The drain fitting must be removed after use because of the gear would hit it during retraction and that would very bad.
IMG_1867.JPG

I can't find a picture of the female part that screws on to depress the valve so it can drain.
Yours is a male quarter turn I am GUESSING?
I would buy a whole new valve that will come with a drain nipple. They do wear out and yours does not look very new. Cheap preventive maintenance.

Last edited:
Gary, this looks to be what you are noting? My plane is also PA-28R-200. Thank you.

1723556397226.png

Back