What kind of plane? (Easy version)

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
Hey All,
This was doing pattern work at our terrific local airport, along with the usual Cessnas and small Pipers. I think it's a Cirrus, but not sure?
Anyone able to do a better, more certain id? Low wing, fixed tricycle gear, three-blade prop. Fairly high aspect ration wing and elevator, but I don't think it's a DA-40.
It's for a photo caption, if the photo comes out well enough.
Thanks!PXL_20240829_014514402-Phone-Enhanced-SR.jpg

I would bet on cirrus, but I lose most of my bets, so..........

Hey All,
This was doing pattern work at our terrific local airport, along with the usual Cessnas and small Pipers. I think it's a Cirrus, but not sure?
Anyone able to do a better, more certain id? Low wing, fixed tricycle gear, three-blade prop. Fairly high aspect ration wing and elevator, but I don't think it's a DA-40.
It's for a photo caption, if the photo comes out well enough.
Thanks!View attachment 132860
How can you tell it’s a 3 blade prop while the engine is running?

You can see the blades in the photo. One is diagonally across from the landing light, about one oclock. The other two appear to be at about 5 and 10 oclock, partly due to cell phone sensor artifacts. But definitely three dark areas in the propeller arc, not two.

Does look kinda cirrusy. Can't you pull up flightaware and get the tail number?

Great idea!! Yep, Cirrus SR22. Everything else showing on Flightaware from this evening was not close to that shape. Thanks!
(Unfortunately, after further editing, the photo is nowhere near good enough to share. Thanks for the help, though, everyone.)

Back