What’s the going rate for a multi now?

k9medic

Line Up and Wait
N Central FL and GTC Bahamas when off work
Display Name

Display name:
ATP-H, CMEL, CSEL, CFI/CFII Airplanes and Helicopters
I’m looking to do some side work and have zero clue what the true going rate is for multi time.

I have called around to several places that have some type of training twin and the rates vary from $275/ hour up to $500.

Cue the “back in my day” story…. When I got my multi years ago as the world was afraid the computers were going to crash, I paid $160 and hour and I thought that was outrageous.

Let’s say a Seneca or something of the like. What is realistic without an instructor?

Side note, as a baby aviator teaching new baby aviators, I got $10/ flight hour and thought I was a sky king. Now schools are charging $50-60 for a PPL instructor!

Mine was about $5500 in a Tecnam P2006T. I think it was $345hr and the MEI was $65hr.

....I have called around to several places that have some type of training twin and the rates vary from $275/ hour up to $500.

....I paid $160 and hour and I thought that was outrageous.

Side note, as a baby aviator teaching new baby aviators, I got $10/ flight hour and thought I was a sky king. Now schools are charging $50-60 for a PPL instructor!....

don't worry, it's transient.

ducks.gif

$500/hour seems average. My son got his multi recently and that's what I paid. Aircraft was a Beech Duchess.

Back