We Need A New Aviation Word

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
There are many words in aviation that explain to everyone your accomplishment.... like solo, TW endorsement, Bi-annual, certified, experimental, etc.

But there is no word for having landed and taken off in all 50 states. :D

Took me 10 years, and many, many hours of flying. Today, I returned from vacation where I put a bag over my head (kidding) and rented a 172 for 2 hours.

Mission accomplished! :yes:

What word do we use to describe landing and taking off in all 50 states?

Haven't got a word, but a paraphrase from ham radio:

Landed all states.

Congrats, by the way.

It had to be some sacrifice for you to fly a 172! What was the last state btw?

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It had to be some sacrifice for you to fly a 172! What was the last state btw?

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was fine, I just like to poke fun at Cessna drivers. ;). The 172 is a good bird. I did my PPL training in one. Good trainer.

Haiwaii was the last state.

Well deer hunters use the "whitetail slam" to describe shooting all species of whitetail.

How about the "continental slam".

Also since I'm sure most pilots wouldnt like to describe there accomplishment with the word slam. Consider the Latin word for traveler "Eo Ire Itum" kinda cool.

How about "Dork".

Just kidding, congrats.

There are many words in aviation that explain to everyone your accomplishment.... like solo, TW endorsement, Bi-annual, certified, experimental, etc.

But there is no word for having landed and taken off in all 50 states. :D

Took me 10 years, and many, many hours of flying. Today, I returned from vacation where I put a bag over my head (kidding) and rented a 172 for 2 hours.

Mission accomplished! :yes:

What word do we use to describe landing and taking off in all 50 states?
Expensive?

Way to go!

What happened with the one state where you did not fly an RV?

Looks like you need to make a friend in that last state with an RV you can borrow!:D

Congratulations by the way!

Congrats,hoping to do that myself,if I don't get too old first.

Call it the Grand Slam Landing award. Problem is non pilots that hear you won the prestigious Grand Slam Landing award will not want to fly with you. Congrats on mission accomplished.

Doesn't count, you didn't fly your -10 there! :D

Just kidding. Congrats!

I'll be impressed when you cross the pond.

Just kidding, honest! Congratulations, that is truly a laudable accomplishment.

Wow great accomplishment, curious how many hours did it take?

Congrats!

I'm still at 24/50. Did fly me a 182 around Hawaii though!

It's obvious that I'm not the only one who is envious. What's next? S.A. or Europe?

Well deer hunters use the "whitetail slam" to describe shooting all species of whitetail.

How about the "continental slam".

Also since I'm sure most pilots wouldnt like to describe there accomplishment with the word slam. Consider the Latin word for traveler "Eo Ire Itum" kinda cool.

Not all on the continent. How about "American Slam"? Wait, I had that for breakfast at Denny's the other day. :D

The answer is pretty obvious to me.
Congratulations. You're the first "Fiftyiator" I'm aware of.

Wow great accomplishment, curious how many hours did it take?

Cant really tell as I was flying here and there for different reasons and would be close to a state that I had not done a T&G in and head that way. I knocked out the north east visiting an old Navy buddy a few years ago.

Took 10 years! :lol:

Back