We are Moving

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Barb and I have lived in Oak Harbor since 1974 when we came here on orders.

Last Fall when I we returned from Vacation I was told there was a larger hangar open and would I want it, I said yes "If the mow for rent was still good, and was assured it was, so I moved to a larger hangar at OKH, but after moving to the larger hangar the airport manager came by to see how things were going and asked if I liked the larger hangar, I answered "what's not to like" the next day the owner called and informed me I needed to do more than just mow (14 ac), for the rent of the larger hangar, and told me I was to collect the mail from the box and mail it to him in Seattle, and clean the pilots lounge, Being surprised I kept my mouth shut not agreeing to any thing, and approached the airport manager about this new development, and was told not to worry about it, he would take care of it.

all winter went by, I assumed he had it taken care of, March 7 I received a call from the owner stating the mail had not been picked up, nor had the lounge been cleaned. And I was to start paying rent. He sent me a new lease agreement making some unseasonal demands like wanting my bank account numbers to electronically transfer rent payments and my social security number plus a security deposit of 230, first and last rent of 230 each to stay in the hangar, basically told him no, and found a new hangar at BVS 27 miles from OKH.

So with the engine removed from the Fairchild, I disassembled the aircraft emptied the hangar and moved to a great (brand new) hangar with a Bi-fold door that opens with a push of a button, heat, polished floor, and fire suppression.

Now we have nothing to hold us in Oak Harbor any more, So the house is on the market, and we are looking for a nice piece of land to build our retirement home. on the main land nearer to the kids and the hangar.

google these two addresses to see what we are looking at.

7833 Renic Drive Sedro-Wooley Wa 98284

that's a 5 ac piece of unimproved land with power and water at the lot, we walked it yesterday and jumped a heard of Elk out of their beds.

29041 East Elk Run Dr Sedro Woolley, WA 98282

That's a 20 ac, of unimproved land also in about the same area in the foot hills of the Cascade range on a bench off the Skagit River.

WE hope to build one of these with a heated shop in the basement that I can build RV kits. and sell the completed aircraft.

Attachments

• House plans.jpg
    House plans.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 55
Tom: Wasn't he the bozo that is in deep doodoo with the IRS? What's the latest on those trials. Your move sounds terrific!

HR

Tom: Wasn't he the bozo that is in deep doodoo with the IRS? What's the latest on those trials. Your move sounds terrific!

HR

Yes he is Harley, turned slumlord. (airport style)

He got off with a slap on the wrist and a 2.5 mil fine plus paying the back taxes and interest.

Last edited:
Looks like some nice land, Tob. Best of luck with it!
Thanks, we walked it again today to find the power and the well and jumped the same bunch of Elk Looks to be 5-7 cows and 2 bulls in velvet. The cows will be dropping calves this month.

What, not even thinking about moving to Alaska?:goofy:

You guys have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skiing. bugs, and no roads to the pretty part.

nice place to visit tho. in the 2 weeks you have summer.

Pictures of the 5 ac.

Attachments

• DSCN1975.jpg
    DSCN1975.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1976.jpg
    DSCN1976.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1977.jpg
    DSCN1977.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN1978.jpg
    DSCN1978.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 33
Looks like the driveway needs a little work...:wink2:

Man, that was some 'lease' agreement you got into. :hairraise:

Good thing you're out of it. Who needs that kind of aggravation??!!

Man, that was some 'lease' agreement you got into. :hairraise:

Good thing you're out of it. Who needs that kind of aggravation??!!

It worked great for 3 years, until he got greedy.

WE hope to build one of these with a heated shop in the basement that I can build RV kits. and sell the completed aircraft.
You let me know when that's up and running. I'd love to have a taildragger 7 that boasted your workmanship.

It worked great for 3 years, until he got greedy.

I'm sure it wasn't the first, nor the last time, that such a thing has happened.:incazzato:

Like I said, good that you're out of it.:thumbsup:

I'm sure it wasn't the first, nor the last time, that such a thing has happened.:incazzato:

Like I said, good that you're out of it.:thumbsup:

Fortunately no one is required to deal with slum lords, we can move, and I did.

Some times we need incentive to make our selves better.

Hire me! Not only do I have the experience in that kind of work but I'm very good at doing little work. In fact, I do as much little work as possible. :thumbsup:

We have too many on the payroll now.

Let me know if Tom is too busy. I've never built an airplane, but think I would be pretty good at it, as long as no plan reading is required.

You let me know when that's up and running. I'd love to have a taildragger 7 that boasted your workmanship.

Awesome piece of dirt, TD. Congrats!!!!!

We tried to find a side hill that we could plant cherry trees on, but all we could find was flat mud.

But of course every thing is mud now 46 days of rain.

google map this address

7833 Renic Drive Sedro-Wooley Wa. 98248

and zoom it in.

about 15 miles or so away from my brother - he's in Mount Vernon now. He recently moved from La Conner.

about 15 miles or so away from my brother - he's in Mount Vernon now. He recently moved from La Conner.

We're just off the North Cascade Highway, 3 miles east of Sedro-Wooley.

Back