Wanted: Garmin GDL 39 GPS/ADS-B Receiver

stevenhmiller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Steve's Archer
I'm a student pilot and am looking to buy a Garmin GDL 39 GPS/ADS-B Receiver. Weather in Florida can pop-up quickly, so I need to get weather information in-flight. I can't afford to spend a fortune, so looking for a good deal. Besides, wife is already ****ed I'm spending money to learn to fly.:mad3: If you have one you no longer need and are looking to sell, please drop me a note. Help a student pilot out. :)

Thanks!
P.S. - I may trade my wife for one! :D

Why not buy a used 496 and purchase the weather option?

A used 496 costs more than a GDL 39, plus the recurring cost. Sounds like he doesn't want the $30-$55/mo bill (for good reason).

A used 496 costs more than a GDL 39, plus the recurring cost. Sounds like he doesn't want the $30-$55/mo bill (for good reason).

Exactly right. The Garmin Pilot software is $75 - $150 per year, and the GDL-39 offers free weather and traffic.

Steven -- have you checked with your instructor about using an EFB during your training? I am mentoring a student pilot and the instructors here won't allow students to use them in the plane. Not sure if it is a local flight school thing or it is done this way universally.

are you locked into the Garmin? I've seen several first generation stratus for sale, but to be honest, I've never paid attention to the Garmins.

Pics of your wife, in evaluation of the trade?

10502196_10204398081697857_2908047908318819608_n.jpg
Pics of your wife, in evaluation of the trade?

PS-

Tell your wife she is pretty easy on the eyes.

You're going to have a hard time find a "great deal" on a used GDL39. It is a new, current, highly desirable item. It's not the kind of thing people get rid of frequently. They're $600 new now.

Back