Typhoon: Haneda airport METAR

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I am in Tokyo right now and the Typhoon (level 1 Hurricane for those of you so inlcined) is raging outside.

Current conditions at Haneda airport, that is the downtown airport is

METAR RJTT 062100Z 20033G45KT 4000 SHRA BKN010 BKN020 24/23 Q0985 RMK 5CU010 7CU020 A2911 P/RR

the eye will pass just to the NW later this morning. Winds have been picking up and people have been directed to stay inside and avoid driving. I called UAL to what is happening with my flight later today and in typical fashion they are reporting that the flight is still on time. HA! Well I hope I get out today instead of having to wait until tomorrow. It would be nice to know early so I can stay in Tokyo instead of trying to get a room out at Narita.

Last edited:
Re: Haneda airport METAR

Good luck Scott. Try the Courtyard Tobu Ginza. Spent a day there and while pricey, it is a nice place. But that being said, you've spent more time in Tokyo than I.

Good luck Scott. Try the Courtyard Tobu Ginza. Spent a day there and while pricey, it is a nice place. But that being said, you've spent more time in Tokyo than I.
I am at the Tokyo Tower Prince Park Tower, it is 5-star. Not too far from the Ginza but I'll end up out at Narita later today. Hopefully I will be able to get into the Narita Hilton if I need to. Then I can probably visit the Greg Brockelman memorial bar stool. :D:D

hell the ceilings are fine, winds a little gusty, no reason you couldnt depart :D

i didnt know that greg had a barstool!

hell the ceilings are fine, winds a little gusty, no reason you couldnt depart :D

i didnt know that greg had a barstool!
The Narita Hilton is a well known aircrew hangout. At 2am there is always an interesting cast of characters from the airlines having a couple, in moderation of course, cocktails to relax.

I am just assuming that with Greg's schedule that there is a seat for him there. :D:D

My hotel is right by Tokyo tower. My room over looks it and it is one of the higher points in the city. The tower is sticking up into the clouds and those very clouds are moving pretty darn fast. Taking off would be very interesting. I wonder what the wind shear is like?

I'm staying there in a month - for free! Gotta love Marriott Rewards Points.

Cheers,

-Andrew

My hotel is right by Tokyo tower. My room over looks it and it is one of the higher points in the city. The tower is sticking up into the clouds and those very clouds are moving pretty darn fast. Taking off would be very interesting. I wonder what the wind shear is like?

you will never know unless you try

A view of the Tokyo Tower something like this? I think I've stayed at the same hotel.

Attachments

• P8280001.JPG
    P8280001.JPG
    723.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P8280002.JPG
    P8280002.JPG
    616.5 KB · Views: 3
A view of the Tokyo Tower something like this? I think I've stayed at the same hotel.

Nice hotel. I stayed at the Tokyo Prince too and it is not as nice as the Prince Park Tower. Intercontinental and the Hyatt in Shinjuku (where Lost in Translation was filmed) are still my favorites here.

WX cleared out and it looks like I will be out of here.

Nice hotel. I stayed at the Tokyo Prince too and it is not as nice as the Prince Park Tower. Intercontinental and the Hyatt in Shinjuku (where Lost in Translation was filmed) are still my favorites here.

WX cleared out and it looks like I will be out of here.

Too long ago to be sure, but I think I've stayed at the Intercontinental in Shinjuku, as well. And, yes, it is a much nicer hotel than the Tokyo Prince. However, the Tokyo Prince was a 5 minute walk from where the meetings were being held.

The Narita Hilton is a well known aircrew hangout. At 2am there is always an interesting cast of characters from the airlines having a couple, in moderation of course, cocktails to relax.

I am just assuming that with Greg's schedule that there is a seat for him there. :D:D

Since they remodeled the Barrel and renamed it the Terrace, they doubled the prices. :( Not many of our crews hang out there anymore. :no:

Back