Transport Heritage Flight

Steve

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
If you're planning to make OSH this year there's a high probability you'll get to see this:

P4110025.jpg

Dang, I wish I could get my uncle to that he flew C46s over the hump in WWII. XV Air combat Cargo Brigade.

I think it would be cool to see a tandem air-drop (people, not stuff) with C-46's and C-5's. The C-46's with their little single line of people trickling out of the side door and the C-5 with a whole town's worth of people falling out of the sides and rear deck.

If you're planning to make OSH this year there's a high probability you'll get to see this:

P4110025.jpg

Notice the flaps deployed on the C17. He had to be moving slow...

I can't wait to see the gathering of DC-3's, C-47's, etc. at OSH this year - what a great idea.

I'm pretty sure the "re-enactors" would jump at the chance to do a static line out of a C-47. It may take a little more persuasion to arrange a C-17/Airborne demo. A call to the right office could make it happen.

I think it would be cool to see a tandem air-drop (people, not stuff) with C-46's and C-5's. The C-46's with their little single line of people trickling out of the side door and the C-5 with a whole town's worth of people falling out of the sides and rear deck.

I'm pretty sure the "re-enactors" would jump at the chance to do a static line out of a C-47. It may take a little more persuasion to arrange a C-17/Airborne demo. A call to the right office could make it happen.

The "right office" should be the Public Affairs office of your local C-17 unit. You'd be supprised what you get if you ask.

Back