Totally random trivia…

MauleSkinner

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
MauleSkinner
I just saw something that said Raiders of the Lost Ark debuted in theaters on the same day I took my Private Pilot written test…June 12, 1981.

I just saw something that said Raiders of the Lost Ark debuted in theaters on the same day I took my Private Pilot written test…June 12, 1981.
I soloed on July 20, 1976. 7th anniversary of first manned moon landing. Day of landing of Viking 1 on Mars and first pictures from the surface.

Until 2009 Brazilian Portuguese did not include the letters, 'k', 'w', and 'y'.

I passed my checkride on my sister's birthday.

Passed my checkride the same day I broke my wrist racing NASCAR driver David Ragan....10 years later.

I failed my driver's test. Then later that day won a national touring race. They were not fond of left foot braking.

My SP checkride had to be rescheduled because it was originally supposed to be on the day that Hurricane Irma hit Florida.

Had to reschedule my private checkride for an hour later than originally, as my hours in my log book didn't add up correctly...Had to go fly .3 to get the 40 hours total.

But the pressing question, is "Why does sour cream have an expiration date"?

Clorox owns hidden valley ranch. Had to work in their "hot box" where the packaged dressing has to culture at like 90 degrees before it's ready to ship.

I didn’t come about for 15 years, 3 months and 2 days.

To this day I still can't figure our why drive up ATM machines have braille instructions...
That's an easy one...They only have to manufacture one version of the keypad system. Doesn't matter what type of location it's going to be used in..walk up, drive up or in store, all the same keypad. Same reason for the plug for audio headsets and the amplifier.

Until 2009 Brazilian Portuguese did not include the letters, 'k', 'w', and 'y'.

I passed my checkride on my sister's birthday.
I mean, they do have those letters, but no (or nearly no) native words use them. They are really just there for foreign words and scientific abbreviations.

There are reputed to be three items contained in the ball of an American flagpole.

There are reputed to be three items contained in the ball of an American flagpole.

And they are:

Razor Blade: Allegedly used to cut down the flag or to shred it into strips if necessary.
Match: Intended for burning the flag in a dignified manner, in accordance with U.S. Flag Code, should it touch the ground.
Bullet: Often said to be included for self-defense or as a last resort for the soldier to take their own life rather than allow the flag to be captured.

Back