The WORLD'S CHAMPIONSHIP ABALONE COOK-OFF & Festival

Hear they are getting all kinds of great chefs for this.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ABALONE COOK-OFF
"Only three cook-sites left for the first-ever World Champion Abalone Cook-off competition, so register now!" says Carolyne Cathey, Executive Director of Mendocino Area Parks Association (MAPA). Abalone cooks are invited to compete in the 2012 MAPA World Championship Abalone Cook-Off, Saturday, October 6, 2012. Cooks may register at www.mendoparks.org or contact Carolyne at 707.272.5397.
The World Champion Abalone Cook-Off winner will receive a handsome ceramic trophy. Even more, the three traditional Grand Prizes will still be awarded; the three winning booths may enjoy 8 days and 7 nights at a private villa in the Yucatan, with a $1000 check for traveling money.
Judging tickets are going quickly, so for those you don't want to cook but love to eat abalone, a judging ticket allows the buyer to taste the various abalone recipes and vote for their favorite.
"This is two events in one", says Chris Anderson, Abalone Committee Chair. "The cook-off competition and a festival, and the festival is free to enter. Wine and beer tasting, live music by the Bayou Swamis, a silent auction, craft fair and raffle all located in the scenic Noyo Harbor setting at Fort Bragg, CA.

ABALONE

The ocean's version of a shoe sole.

Can't believe I missed this! I will have to pay closer attention to your posts!

You can always email me if you know about things roughly 2 or more months in advance so I can try to get them included in my local EAA Chapter's monthly newsletter or my local Petaluma pilot newsletter.

Kimberly

Back