Texas POA Fly-In December 2nd 2011

More from Jay's post:

Mustang Beach, Port Aransas Fly-in, Dec 2nd & 3rd

Okay, we've got 19 people (according to our other poll) definitely stoked to do a PofA Fly-in in Port Aransas, Texas -- the only city on Mustang Island.

Here is a tentative plan:

Friday Afternoon/Evening
Arrivals. We will pick you up and shuttle you to the hotel. (If you want to stay somewhere fancier than our joint, they do exist -- but I doubt they will pick you up at the airport.)

Because this is a celebration of our name change to Amelia's Landing, I have set our prices for y'all ridiculously low -- just $119.95 for BOTH nights for a single queen aviation themed room. That price includes breakfast brought to the room in the morning. (If you want a bigger room, we will probably have them available for slightly more moola.)

Because arrivals will be sporadic throughout the day, we will just do drinks and hors d'ouerves at poolside that night.

Saturday Morning
This town is known for deep sea and bay fishing. If we get enough interest, we will put together a charter trip. They like to go out EARLY, however, so no whining about having to get up at oh-dark-thirty!

Alternatively, there is a world class, Arnold Palmer designed golf course, Newport Dunes, just down the road from the airport. I haven't swung a club in years, but if y'all answer in the affirmative, we can do golf instead.

Saturday Afternoon
About 2 PM, we will do a cookout, either at poolside or in our hangar (if the weather doesn't cooperate). This will be typical island fare, but we hope to have some other options for those who don't like seafood.

Saturday Night
At dark, we will trek down to the docks, to watch the annual Christmas Boat Parade. This event features elaborately decorated boats, parading past for prizes and awards.

Depending on how late this goes, we may do a bar crawl, or head back to the hotel for drinks at poolside.

I am working lots of loose ends, but if I can get live music at poolside, we'll have it.

Please fill out the attached poll, to gauge interest in fishing or golfing options!
Ercoupe N94856 ('08 - '10)
Warrior N33431 ('98 - '02)
www.AmeliasLanding.com

Thanks, Kimberly!

It will be a blast, but not without lots of PofA folks! C'mon down to the island, and enjoy the great weather and camaraderie, and help us celebrate the birth day of Amelia's Landing!

Okay, I have reworked the original message in this thread to better reflect the reality that -- despite a poll that showed 19 PofA'ers wanting to get-together -- this isn't going to be a Pilots of America event after all. (Sadly, I can't seem to delete the poll -- please disregard it.)

Instead, it's going to be a wide-open-to-the-public PARTY! We will be doing two days of celebrating of our "coming out" as an aviation themed hotel, and you're all invited.

Mary and I hope you can make it!

Okay, I have reworked the original message in this thread to better reflect the reality that -- despite a poll that showed 19 PofA'ers wanting to get-together -- this isn't going to be a Pilots of America event after all. (Sadly, I can't seem to delete the poll -- please disregard it.)

Instead, it's going to be a wide-open-to-the-public PARTY! We will be doing two days of celebrating of our "coming out" as an aviation themed hotel, and you're all invited.

Mary and I hope you can make it!

To be fair, Jay, every day at "Harbor Inn Port A Soon To Be Amelia's Landing Port A" is a celebration, a party, an event to be savored, remembered, desired and relived for generations, in legend and in fact.

Back