Team AeroShell

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
One of the trip's many highlights for me was this ride... Initial, low quality video. Will edit a multi-camera-viewpoint HD version later:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN8507.JPG
    DSCN8507.JPG
    389.2 KB · Views: 147
Wow. Who's butt did you kiss? :)

(Appropriate response is, of course... "The list is long, but distinguished.")

:)

A little thing I noticed with the paint scheme. From some angles, the A in "AEROSHELL" on the top of the wing gets blocked leaving "EROS HELL" (space added, no interpretation offered).

I said it on facebook but it bears repeating here....

Dear Troy,

You suck.

Love, Tim

"That guy stole MY life!!!!"

I'd offer you a ride in a rental cessna, but I don't think my wife would appreciate it very much. :nono:

Oh,.. and Troy,...

YOU SUCK! :raspberry:

Sincerely
Rob

God almighty. Now that I've met you, I hate you even more. (And I mean that in the best possible way.)

YOU SUCK!

Congrats on scoring the ride of a lifetime! :thumbsup:

Did you ride with Brian? He's formerly with the Red Baron Squadron.

LOL!!

And this Sunday, that dream came true for an incredible 43 seconds, as Enderby got the chance to fly the famed Blue Angels' F/A-18 Hornet directly into the tarmac during the first day of the Navy's most dramatic—and colorful—audition program ever.

Since 1946, the Blue Angels have recruited only elite military fighter pilots. But this week and this week only, the Navy is giving the public a rare treat: allowing ordinary, everyday citizens a chance to try out for the world's premiere stunt flying team. Memorial services for Enderby, along with five other late aspiring aviators and 81 others from the assembled crowd and surrounding communities, will begin Friday and continue throughout the month.

OMFG the clipboard is funny. I totally missed that.

"Ernest Borgnine" indeed. :rofl:

I am jealous. Nobody has ever offered me a ride in a plane.

Somehow I find that REALLY hard to believe.....:yikes: I don't have a wife that would mind.. ;)

Troy, did you get a media ride or was that part of the whole performance? How many G's, more or less? Sure looked fun!

They put on a really good show. T-6 shows are often slow and noisy but these guys did some new routines and made some interesting trails in the sky.

Attachments

• 63 AeroShell T-6 Team.jpg
    63 AeroShell T-6 Team.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 64  T-6 Team.jpg
    64 T-6 Team.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 3
Somehow I find that REALLY hard to believe.....:yikes: I don't have a wife that would mind.. ;)

Troy, did you get a media ride or was that part of the whole performance? How many G's, more or less? Sure looked fun!

They put on a really good show. T-6 shows are often slow and noisy but these guys did some new routines and made some interesting trails in the sky.

"Media" ride, though I just stumbled into it. And I'm not part of the media. The guy at Champion Aerospace that arranged the ride said he's supposed to give these slots to "VIP's", but prefers to give them to normal pilots who will actually appreciate them! Oh, and after the ride, he said he'd break my knees if he ever caught me using or recommending anything other than Champion Aerospace products. :)

"Media" ride, though I just stumbled into it. And I'm not part of the media. The guy at Champion Aerospace that arranged the ride said he's supposed to give these slots to "VIP's", but prefers to give them to normal pilots who will actually appreciate them! Oh, and after the ride, he said he'd break my knees if he ever caught me using or recommending anything other than Champion Aerospace products. :)

I got my ride via a drawing from Aspen Avionics a couple of years ago. I rode with Steve Gustafson, which kinda neat since he lives not to far from the airport I get the "heavy" maintenance done on my plane. I often see the team practicing in the winter and early spring over his property just west of the airport.

Brian is from the Lafayette, LA area and the team will be one of the featured acts in the Sertoma Air Show in October

http://www.sertomaairshow.com/

so it will be somewhat of a homecoming show for him.

Back