Squeal noise spa-400n intercom

jenny9337

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jenny
Hello,
I just bought a charokee 180. Since getting it I've had a loud squeal in my comms. After a lot of troubleshooting I found it to be my intercom. I have a spa 400n. When the intercom is turned on I have a high squeal everytime I transmit on all frequencies to the point I can't get clearance to taxi because it interferes so much. When it's turned off all is fine and no squeal during transmission. I'm still a student so I need the intercom to talk with my instructor. Any ideas how to fix this? Is it faulty wiring or do I need a new intercom?

Check all the headset jacks. Likely one is a bit loose and there's a path to ground.

If you have a cigarette lighter USB power supply that may also cause feedback. Pulling it out to see if the squeal goes away could be the cheapest fix ever.

I have a cigar lighter (cause she's a fancy girl ) but nothings plugged in it. Are you saying to pull the whole thing out?

I have a cigar lighter (cause she's a fancy girl ) but nothings plugged in it. Are you saying to pull the whole thing out?
No, he's referring to a usb charger plugged into the lighter socket. The socket itself will not make noise.

Back