Sporty's JD-200 Replacement Battery Tray

gfinn12

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
gfinn12
Hello,

I have a Sporty's JD-200 handheld aviation radio and I the battery tray is corroded. Where can I find a replacement battery tray or spare chargeable battery pack and charger?

I am also open to getting a generic radio battery pack and charger. I just don't know which one would be compatible?

Thank you,
George.

Do you know what happens when you mix baking soda with vinegar? It vigorously foams and creates a neutral salt solution--negating the acidity of the vinegar and the alkali of the baking soda. Use one or the other. I'd start with baking soda.

Part of the economy of these radios is no continued support. I think you are out of luck unless you can repair what you have.

I gave it a go. Turns out the issue is one of the metal connectors is bent and wasn't making good contact with one of the batteries. I tried a different brand of battery and that seemed to help as the radio turned on.

Are there compatible third party rechargeable batteries for other radios (or walkie talkies) that I could use as well?

I gave it a go. Turns out the issue is one of the metal connectors is bent and wasn't making good contact with one of the batteries. I tried a different brand of battery and that seemed to help as the radio turned on.

Are there compatible third party rechargeable batteries for other radios (or walkie talkies) that I could use as well?
Probably not. Sporty’s likely has a China manufacturer do doesn’t produce a US name brand.

Back