Sportys Fly in

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Sportys annual fly in to give away the plane is this Saturday. May 17th. My friend and I are planning on heading down there. Weather permitting of course (Yep IR and still can't fly through thunderstorms) Anyone else planning on going?

I was thinking about it but am mired in my instrument training. So next year perhaps.

It may be VFR. That's my hope since my CFII said not to get my ticket that wet. He likes the idea of me being in the system and talking to ATC but hopes it's CAVU.

It may be VFR. That's my hope since my CFII said not to get my ticket that wet. He likes the idea of me being in the system and talking to ATC but hopes it's CAVU.
That seems a little odd. He signed you off for the checkride but doesn't feel you're ready to be by yourself in IMC? :confused:

I can understand the respect of thunderstorms,but not being ready for Actual puzzles me.

Wow this went off topic fast. Anyway. Hope some of you come down.

Would like to come but am preparing a candidate talk for my Vermont interview and I have to lead a hike on Sunday. So I'm possible but doubtful.

Back