Social Flight: The NEW FAA Ruling That Could DEVASTATE GA

Probably the new Piper wing AD. There's a thread on this that I can't find right now.

The Moss Interpretation holds that an A&P has to physically be present at the point of inspection/repair and can't just be available for a video call. In other words, "in person" means in person for the purposes of 14 CFR § 43.3(d).

Which hardly seems groundbreaking and the kind of thing to devastate GA?

In this time when your participation in ______ is literally the most important in the literal history of ______, we literally have an army of heroes that are literally fighting for your literal ______.

Click here, contribute there, and hate everyone that does not think, do, and believe the same as you or it will literally spell the end of our _______.

Sincerely

Everyone, about every cause, as we try to create and cash in on every bit of fear and outrage.

P.S. Things are changing and will never be the same again.

(which may actually be the only true thing that is said in today’s world ).

Seems entirely reasonable to me. I don’t want the licensed A&P squinting through a zoom video feed filled with artifacts and the equivalent of 360P because Comcast is doing their usual nonsense and declaring work was done right.

Seems like it might be devastating to Savy, who’s business model is remote MX supervision/oversight/consultation.

Unless I'm mistaken they don't supervise or sign off anything, they're just a middleman to help you find a competent shop and act as your agent.

Seems like it might be devastating to Savy, who’s business model is remote MX supervision/oversight/consultation.
maybe check them out before posting? they provide consulting services for the most part. think AAA towing for aviation.

if anything it will hurt owners/operators more.. AnPs have always had the final say in what they will sign off. Why an MX would sign off another's work is beyond me. Usually asking someone to sign their name to a sketchy request is the fastest way to call them on their BS. if you think it's good... YOU sign it

Back