etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Gotta love it!

Driveway, leading to the dirt road
DSC00475.jpg

Our house is a very very very fine house...
DSC00476.jpg

Apple the Dog in snow!
DSC00477.jpg

The house from the back woods...
DSC00482.jpg

A side path we like to walk in the back woods...
DSC00483.jpg

And it's still coming down, gangbusters! :D It's about twice as deep as when I took the pics - now I've just gotta get a shot of Dancer the Dog in the snow!

Last edited:
Wow! That's more than we have had here all winter - including yesterday (light dusting, already mostly melted).

That's a beautiful setting, Tom. Part of me would love to experience that again and actually throw a snow ball. Man, it's been a long time since I've seen it and the last time didn't allow much freedom to enjoy it.

Some are opposed to snow. Ya don't know what you're missing until you don't have it to enjoy. I guess a trip to Colorado is in order or something along those lines.

Tom you want more snow???? I'm pretty sure we could spare some of ours in WI :D:D:D

That's a beautiful setting, Tom. Part of me would love to experience that again and actually throw a snow ball. Man, it's been a long time since I've seen it and the last time didn't allow much freedom to enjoy it.

Some are opposed to snow. Ya don't know what you're missing until you don't have it to enjoy. I guess a trip to Colorado is in order or something along those lines.
Enjoy snow??

Come shovel, that'll fix right up!

You got snow? Not me...

Me neither. The news last night was all about bracing for the on-coming winter storm and the associated winter storm warning. Schools started late today and they were talking about shutting down businesses early (mind you, we were only expecting 3-5 inches). Right now, there's not a bit of snow to be seen anywhere. Considering the apartment we lived in all of last year in Maine is under a couple feet of snow, this is really quite humorous.

We had a few very light flurries, but none of it stuck. At least it wasn't ice. :D

Re: Snow in Carolina!

All of our planes have been deiced today but all we got were a few light flurries.
I did see some cars coming down from Asheville, NC with at least 3 inches on the hoods.

I shovelled two inches of light flurries with no significant accumulation this morning.

I used a push broom on the inch or so that we got....:D

I hate packing it down and then having to shovel out the frozen tracks....yes, I have issues.

YAY!!!! IT FINALLY SNOWED HERE!!!!!

Here are some of my pictures:

Tree:
3213648046_33204347ce.jpg

My Mailbox:
3213648050_1b87058752.jpg

Icicles on Mi Casa:
3213648064_f8a9831150.jpg

When I feel better...I will take some better pictures.

we got 7 to 8 inches of snow! :)

WOW! With that much snow in the Carolina's, you probably can't find a gallon of milk or loaf of bread anywhere between Raleigh and Tampa, FL. ;)

(I grew up in Alabama where a mention of flurries sent people to the stores to horde supplies like they were entering the ice age.)

Why is it only Milk and bread?

I'm not exactly sure, but it always happened - go to the store and the bread and milk shelves would be empty. All the way down to wheat hot dog buns and chocolate soy half-and-half. Apparently I didn't the memo on what the real 'bare essentials' of life are.

Here are a few more pics:

tree twigs:
3213159745_00dd89e1a6.jpg

Lil' Holly:
3213162191_82fde2bae7.jpg

Pine Needles:
3213164645_c8d0b76124.jpg

White Xmas a Month Too Late:
3213168681_356afcefee.jpg

More Pine Needles:
3213167221_e1f62a8cda.jpg

I guess the milk goes 1st to make hot chocolate. I mean hot chocolate DOES taste better with milk.

The bread goes 2nd to make grilled cheese sandwiches or peanut butter sandwiches.

That's as good an explanation as I've heard anywhere else! :yes:

actually, better, seeing as how I've never heard an explanation prior to yours! :D

Back