Shake, Rattle, and Roll

OkieFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew L.
5.6 magnitude quake in OK this morning. Yeehawww.

Somebody must have frac'd a well today :rolleyes:

Fracking doesn't cause earthquakes. That's what the oil and gas industry said and I believe them. :confused:

See...it can happen anywhere but everyone says California is gonna have "The Big One" and fall off into the ocean.

...I say "Great!"...my Vegas rental house will become oceanfront property increasing in value and I will finally fulfill a dream of living on an island!

43631220.jpg

Please not another anti-frac thread. Should be enough information in all the prior threads he and elsewhere. Including the mysterious undisclosed goo that they are poisoning the earth with. (undisclosed anywhere but publicly at www.fracfocus.org where all wells and all chemistry used is listed)

Do some math:
Oil in the ground + extraction + refining = 100LL
100LL + Airplane = Flight

Therefore, if you value Flight positively, you should seek to lower the cost of 100LL.

How can 100LL be less expensive? Can't put more Oil in the ground, can't really add refining capacity, so decrease the cost of extraction.

See...it can happen anywhere but everyone says California is gonna have "The Big One" and fall off into the ocean.

...I say "Great!"...my Vegas rental house will become oceanfront property increasing in value and I will finally fulfill a dream of living on an island!

43631220.jpg

Yeah, and we can build a mini Chunnel to connect Kalifornia to the mainland. After all, Gubbner Brown has pushed the Crazy Train through, so....

Please not another anti-frac thread. Should be enough information in all the prior threads he and elsewhere. Including the mysterious undisclosed goo that they are poisoning the earth with. (undisclosed anywhere but publicly at www.fracfocus.org where all wells and all chemistry used is listed)

Do some math:
Oil in the ground + extraction + refining = 100LL
100LL + Airplane = Flight

Therefore, if you value Flight positively, you should seek to lower the cost of 100LL.

How can 100LL be less expensive? Can't put more Oil in the ground, can't really add refining capacity, so decrease the cost of extraction.
I'm good with it as long as the increased tectonic activity is in someone else's backyard. Lol

stop_plate_tectonics_t_shirt-rfeb7d68f73364002a2cefc5affba45fd_65ytt_512.jpg

We need to stop plate tectonics before it all gets out of control.....

It was definitely the strongest one I've ever felt, but that's not saying much.

Also, fracking isn't what most are blaming for the increase in earthquakes. Waste water injection wells are the most likely culprit, which only dispose of waste water from ALL oil drilling, not just fracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OK quake was relatively close to the surface, so that's going to feel more intense than one of the same magnitude deeper down.

Well, the epicenter (Pawnee, OK) is only about an hours drive from me, so I'm sure that had a bit to do with it as well. Most of the ones we've had in OK are NNW of OKC most likely due to the prevalence of the high-volume injection wells in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definitely the strongest one I've ever felt, but that's not saying much.

Also, fracking isn't what most are blaming for the increase in earthquakes. Waste water injection wells are the most likely culprit, which only dispose of waste water from ALL oil drilling, not just fracking.
Oil production but don't let that slow you down...

Back