SE Texas to Ozarks

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Was wondering if any one wanted to fly to the Ozarks to fly over the changing of the colors?
Considering staying in Texarkana Friday night and flying the Southern Ozarks and river flying Saturday.
Anyone intersted?

Lynn, you're about 6 weeks early for fall colors. If we even have any this year.

Lynn, you're about 6 weeks early for fall colors. If we even have any this year.

Maybe... But I will be right on time for some Gaston's wine! :D Seriously though, it has been so dry this year, I wonder how colorful the landscape will be anywhere! I'll have one more chance the next week at Windwood...

Probably. I like to be sneaky like a gypsy.

Honey badgers make it hard to plan anything! :rolleyes:

Did you buy some fence to put up to keep the deer away from your airplane, Lynn? ;)

Not you, Lynn, the other Lynn. You're only two to three weeks early.

I was wondering about the colors with the lack of rain this year.
We use to ride our motorcycles to the Smokies the second or third week of October and enjoy the leaves. Some years were better than others.

I don't have as much vaction time at the job, so I thought we would just do a fly by this year.

So the first week or so of November would be better?

Thanks and look forward to anyone wanting to meet up.

There's an oxymoron if I ever heard one! All due respect to Jim Gaston, but a vintner ain't among his titles! :no:

LOL, Grant... :rolleyes: I shouldn't have said up there that it was Gaston's wine because it really isn't. It's just what they sell a lot of in the gift shop, serve at the restaurant, and it's front and center at bot the Spring and Fall Wine tasting parties at the resort every year. It's not actually made at Gaston's! :)

http://www.postfamilie.com/

Did you buy some fence to put up to keep the deer away from your airplane, Lynn? ;)

UGH... thanks for reminding me of that little "bump" in the road of aircraft ownership. :( My insurance took care of it all... it was just a PITA to have to deal with the inconvenience of extra downtime and then keeping up with the paperwork process required by my insurance company for them to see their way clear to helping me with the bill. :rolleyes2:

Back