Ron plays with the GoPro

flyingron

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingRon
How to get from Dulles to the Udvar-Hazy Center.

http://youtu.be/x_3svXlTf-c
Here's the GoPro video (unedited) of a brief flight from CJR up to Dulles this morning. These little buggers really are impressive.

Last edited:
Nice video
(you missed the center line) :yikes:

now you have to get all fancy with editing, transitions, music.... oh that will require a new computer. :lol:

ok seriously: is this the new GoPro3? I have the GoPro1 - they have come a long way in a few years.

Last edited:
Dang, that nose gear comes down fast!

How did you mount the camera?

Nice video
(you missed the center line) :yikes:
The center line was NOTAM'd out of service on the ATIS.
(Actually, if you land on the centerline it's like hitting a speed bump every time you hit one of the centerline lights.

ok seriously: is this the new GoPro3? I have the GoPro1 - they have come a long way in a few years.

GoProHD I believe.

Dang, that nose gear comes down fast!

How did you mount the camera?

Yeah, it his darned heavy and come's down quick.

It's clamped to the step using the "ROLL BAR" mounting kit.

I like the grin at the beginning when you're turning on the camera. ;)

This was because I was almost to the taxiway before I realized I forgot to turn the thing on.

We would like to offer you an honorary membership in the Cirrus/Bonanza Taxiing Club.

Oooh ooh can I have one too? I hit 30 knots on that taxiway according to the GPS...and the airspeed indicator.

I think the illusion of speed there is due to the extreme wide angle nature lens on the GOPRO. Earlier in that sequence (which actually starts at Landmark Aviation, there's another 15 minutes of taxi time I edited out), I thought I was taxiing real fast, but then I realized I still hadn't gone past Cargo 6 which is just a few hundred feet down the taxiway.

Back