Resume and Application Review Services?

JuniorFO

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JuniorFO
Hello Everyone!

I am making the jump to the airlines and REALLY need help with my resume ( awful :( ) and applications that I have on file. I have been considering two companies to use and was seeing if anyone has had any luck with either. Thanks!!

TakeFlight - takeflightconsulting.com
Checked and Set - checkedandset.net

I used Emerald Coast and Aero Crew Solultions in 2015 and 2016 and was quite happy with the services of both. I believe ECIC now sends all their business to Checked and Set, which is run by the former head of hiring at United.

I have never applied for a flying gig but plenty of maintenance ones. I've never used a service, just wrote my resumes myself. Never was out of work for long.

Is getting a flying job that much harder especially with the pilot shortage?

Check your unit buddiesthat are there now for advice.

Be prepared for the Hogan Test. 68% fail rate at my company
It is a mental exercise in feelings

I have never applied for a flying gig but plenty of maintenance ones. I've never used a service, just wrote my resumes myself. Never was out of work for long.

Is getting a flying job that much harder especially with the pilot shortage?

The pilot shortage hasn't hit the major airlines yet, so their "calls for interview" bar hasn't appreciably come down.

But, yes, there is substantial benefit to be had by having a professional service edit/critique an application and resume. You'd be surprised by what some applications/resumes "say" about the person without intentionally trying to say it.

Back