ResMed AirSense 11 SD card size

Mooneymayhem

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mooneymayhem
Recently diagnosed with mild to moderate OSA and was prescribed an Air Sense 11. My HIMS AME said the FAA is going to want to see 30 to 90 nights of data. I haven't started using it yet so I'm not familiar with how data transmission and storage work but I see it has an SD card slot. What size card would work for all the info the FAA wants to see?
Thanks all!

Recently diagnosed with mild to moderate OSA and was prescribed an Air Sense 11. My HIMS AME said the FAA is going to want to see 30 to 90 nights of data. I haven't started using it yet so I'm not familiar with how data transmission and storage work but I see it has an SD card slot. What size card would work for all the info the FAA wants to see?
Thanks all!

A better approach is to see the maximum size the machine can handle ...

The built in one is going to easily cover 90 days, but if you want to read it and print the reports yourself, check out Oscar. If you are OK with sending your data to Resmed, they have an online app that allows you to view and print the reports.

Out of curiosity, how much digital space do these reports actually take up, and how much info is in them? Even with the nature of software bloat these days, I'd never imagine these reports(which I'm under the assumption are glorified spreadsheets that can be transposed to graphs and such) taking up more than a few tens of megabytes per year. A gig per year would really surprise me. And with SD cards in the pennies-per-gigabyte realm these days, and rarely coming across SD cards less than 16GB, is storage space really a concern?

Out of curiosity, how much digital space do these reports actually take up, and how much info is in them? Even with the nature of software bloat these days, I'd never imagine these reports(which I'm under the assumption are glorified spreadsheets that can be transposed to graphs and such) taking up more than a few tens of megabytes per year. A gig per year would really surprise me. And with SD cards in the pennies-per-gigabyte realm these days, and rarely coming across SD cards less than 16GB, is storage space really a concern?

That was where I was going with my first post. I have several machine that use SD cards. At least one of them processes a good amount of information but it is limited to a 32 gig card. That one came with a 2 gb card and it works fine but I bought the largest that it can handle and have plenty of room now. It's also important to find out what brand of SD cards are compatible/reliable with the machine. For the machine referred to above I use these (recommended by the machine manufacturer):

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extr...HBQ4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Its closer to MB per year. On some of the more basic SD Card devices, an SDcard that is too big is more likely an issue than one too small. Many devices are still limited to the SDHC standard, and cannot read anything over 32GB. If I recall correctly, Resmed used to send a 1GB card when the card was included with the device. Now I think they sell the 1GB card separately.

Ahh, that makes much more sense, with the restriction being the size and type of card the machine can recognize. I was over here wondering how a CPAP machine could even find enough data to log, to fill today's immense cards.

Ahh, that makes much more sense, with the restriction being the size and type of card the machine can recognize. I was over here wondering how a CPAP machine could even find enough data to log, to fill today's immense cards.

I don't know about CPAPs, but back in my embedded computing days, we had devices with 512MB-2GB SDcards that could not log more than 8MBs of data (generally 6-8 months in the CSV format we used) because of limitations on the hardware's ability to address the card. We would buy the cheapest SDcards we could buy in enough bulk to QA, and then install it in a device to where it would address the same 8MBs on the card until something failed.

The built in one is going to easily cover 90 days, but if you want to read it and print the reports yourself, check out Oscar. If you are OK with sending your data to Resmed, they have an online app that allows you to view and print the reports.
I've got the ResMed app downloaded, is it recommended to download OSCAR as well? I guess I was under the impression that OSCAR was an Apple only app.

Your machine may not give a limit or perhaps has no limit on card size. The machine I referenced earlier has that information in the owners manual but the compatibility & recommended brands of cards to use with it was found on their website.

I've got the ResMed app downloaded, is it recommended to download OSCAR as well? I guess I was under the impression that OSCAR was an Apple only app.

OSCAR is a computer app for Windows/Mac/Linux.

The Resmed web portal will allow you to download 30, 90 or 365 day reports (I presume the app will too, but I have never used the app).

From OSCAR:
You only need 30 days for the FIRST report, 360 each year after that.
How is that supposed to work when I have to submit my data annually but the date they want the first annual report is a little over 2 months prior to me being on the machine for 1 year. I assume they'll just accept the data I have up to that point? i.e..i got my machine and started using it in May 2022 by my SI needs to be renewed in March 2023.

I have a resmed 11 it doesn't come with a SD card because they use the cellular network you download the data from the myair website. The website you can download the history 30,60,90,365 days. Myair website also calculates greater than 6 hours a day average which is what the FAA wants one thing to be careful of when you shut it down it will display the hours you used it. If it says 6 hours later when you pull the data even with OSCAR it will say 5:57 or 5:59 minutes which will cause your average to fall. The FAA requires 75% to be 6 hours or greater usage. You want to go 6:05 I go 6:10 just to be sure it exceeds 6 hours a day.

You can install an SD card if you wish to make sure don't exceed the size limit not sure what it is.

I have a resmed 11 it doesn't come with a SD card because they use the cellular network you download the data from the myair website. The website you can download the history 30,60,90,365 days. Myair website also calculates greater than 6 hours a day average which is what the FAA wants one thing to be careful of when you shut it down it will display the hours you used it. If it says 6 hours later when you pull the data even with OSCAR it will say 5:57 or 5:59 minutes which will cause your average to fall. The FAA requires 75% to be 6 hours or greater usage. You want to go 6:05 I go 6:10 just to be sure it exceeds 6 hours a day.

You can install an SD card if you wish to make sure don't exceed the size limit not sure what it is.
All great info, thank you very much for taking the time to explain. You said when you shut it down, it'll display the number of hours used.. Can the number of hours used be monitored WHILE in use? That would be nice to look at it and decide to lay in bed another 10 minutes or so. The supplier actually gave me an SD card to throw in it. A little redundancy doesn't hurt

All great info, thank you very much for taking the time to explain. You said when you shut it down, it'll display the number of hours used.. Can the number of hours used be monitored WHILE in use? That would be nice to look at it and decide to lay in bed another 10 minutes or so

Unfortuntly you have to shut it down to get the time used. Just push the button again on top and it will it on again.

Oh ok, so if it only reads 5.5 hours, just turn it back on again for another half hour and I should be good, right?

Oh ok, so if it only reads 5.5 hours, just turn it back on again for another half hour and I should be good, right?

Yes you can stop and start it again as long as it's before noon to get credit for the same day when you go past noon it flips to the next day. My old Resmed 10 allowed you to go up until 2PM I think it depended on when you went to sleep. Sometimes I sleep 4 hours I go back sleep another 2 1/4 or more hours before noon to catch up.

When you go to the myair website do the history download it save it off as a PDF. I do that monthly just in case something goes wrong lose the data. I also use a SD card it copies the data there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back