Request for medical Documents

A

Ace_of_Piper

Hey Everyone,

Quick question.

The FAA has links for "request of airman medical file." Does anyone know if they send you your whole file or what may be included in this? This may seem like a rhetorical question, but I'm seeing some conflicting comments in previous posts. For example, there are comments about how the FAA won't release your medical documents to you. Or how they can't share the information with you? Which seems very odd and makes me feel that I'm misunderstanding.

Any clarification?

I am in the HIMS program for a SI 3rd class. Prior to submitting requests for 3rd class, my HIMS neuropsych and HIMS AME both needed to see my FAA file. When I requested copies for them, I requested one for myself. The file includes everything I had sent to them as well as everything they had sent to me as of the date of request. PII and PHI for both myself and others has been redacted.

My HIMS Neuropsych mentioned that even if I requested my file after he submitted his report and the scores associated with my evaulation, I would not get copies of my scores.

Requesting your full medical files is one of the best bargains imaginable. You only pay postage. I did it years ago and got everything they had in my file, about an inch and a half of printed pages.

I had same experience as @dbahn ….

I was only wanting a small quantity of items that I didn’t have in my personal archive.

For around $5.00-7.00, I got everything the FAA had on me. Made me a happy flier.

You will not however, recieve the portion including FAA staff commentary. But it is worth knowing what they have. HIPPAA and administrative law is quite complex!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back