Renting C172 180hp in Phoenix?

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
I'm looking for a good source to rent a 180hp Cessna 172 steam-gauge, or similar, for a few days next week. Flying around Phoenix, AZ metro area, down to Tucson, up to Prescott.

Anyone have specific recommendations for aircraft rental sources? Thank you.

Why does it have to be 180? I can get a name for you on an S model but there are more 160s put there. A lot of the 180s here are G1000.

Thanks, NJP_Man. However, it looks like this isn't going to happen, at least not this month.
Mostly wanted the 180hp since we're flying to Prescott, among other places. I'm 190, passenger is 220, and we'll have ample baggage.
I found Classic Air Aviation at Mesa and Arizona Flight Training Center in Glendale. Westwind Aviation at Deer Valley is too busy to do this for 3-4 months, they said. If anyone is a CFI looking for work, you might contact them...

Thanks, NJP_Man. However, it looks like this isn't going to happen, at least not this month.
Mostly wanted the 180hp since we're flying to Prescott, among other places. I'm 190, passenger is 220, and we'll have ample baggage.
I found Classic Air Aviation at Mesa and Arizona Flight Training Center in Glendale. Westwind Aviation at Deer Valley is too busy to do this for 3-4 months, they said. If anyone is a CFI looking for work, you might contact them...
Two folks of that weight with full tanks still leaves a lot of baggage weight available even in the 150hp models.

I've flown out of the Phoenix airports (SDL, Glendale, DVT) and found Glendale to be the most pleasant altho on the west side of town (I used to live not far from DVT). They have a number of 172s on the line, no doubt some are 180 hp.

This time of the year, you should be able to get by with a 160 hp. At least until late April.

Which is why I live in Colorado and not Arizona these days.

Back