Record judgment in tour helicopter crash

Lindberg

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lindberg
The family of one of the victims of this crash was awarded $116 million from multiple defendants. Seems to me they had it coming.

"Trevor Cadigan, 26, drowned after a tour helicopter he was on crashed and overturned into the East River, along with another North Texan and three others, according to the medical examiner. Cadigan was unable to escape the helicopter due to the harness system used on the flights by FlyNYON and Liberty Helicopters, and the emergency flotation system of DART Aerospace malfunctioned after landing in the water, according to a report by the National Transportation Safety Board."

Last edited:
It’s a record verdict but I didn’t see in the article how much the judgment will be. I don’t know NY law, so I can only wonder if the jury was asked to allocate fault and, if so, how they did so among the parties.

It’s a record verdict but I didn’t see in the article how much the judgment will be. I don’t know NY law, so I can only wonder if the jury was asked to allocate fault and, if so, how they did so among the parties.
From another article:

"The jury decided 42% of the fault lay with FlyNYON, which arranged the flight, and 38% with Liberty Helicopters, which owned the helicopter and supplied the pilot. Jurors assigned 20% of the liability to Dart Aerospace, which made a flotation device that malfunctioned in the crash."

Back