R-ATP minimum grade

mason93

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mason
Hello, I took a course at the 141 school I go to that is approved by the FAA for my R-ATP. I will admit this specific class I wasn't interested in and did not apply myself. I ended up with below 70% in this class. On my unofficial transcript, it says I received the credits for the class, and wanted to make sure it will still apply to my R-ATP. Does the class need to be passed with a 70% or higher like private ground and so on to be counted? Thanks for your help!

The reg doesn’t specify, so unless there’s something written into the specific college program, no.
b) A person may apply for an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category multiengine class rating or an airline transport pilot certificate concurrently with a multiengine airplane type rating with a minimum of 1,000 hours of total time as a pilot if the person:

(1) Holds a Bachelor's degree with an aviation major from an institution of higher education, as defined in § 61.1, that has been issued a letter of authorization by the Administrator under § 61.169;
(2) Completes 60 semester credit hours of aviation and aviation-related coursework that has been recognized by the Administrator as coursework designed to improve and enhance the knowledge and skills of a person seeking a career as a professional pilot;

Hello, I took a course at the 141 school I go to that is approved by the FAA for my R-ATP. I will admit this specific class I wasn't interested in and did not apply myself. I ended up with below 70% in this class. On my unofficial transcript, it says I received the credits for the class, and wanted to make sure it will still apply to my R-ATP. Does the class need to be passed with a 70% or higher like private ground and so on to be counted? Thanks for your help!
While I get the course was probably as interesting as watching grass grow and contained material that won’t be immediately relevant to you, this is the future you have chosen. Training courses at the airlines include lots of online learning courses that you have to do well on that make that course look interesting. Passing grade will be 80% at that point and you’ll be looked at oddly if you aren’t over 90%. Get used to putting the effort in. The big bucks are paid with the expectation that you will far exceed the minimum.

Back