denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Blue Cheese and Bacon dog. Yum!

yguhyzu6.jpg

No ketchup. :)

Dallas Hot Wieners. Kingston, Saugerties, and Albany, New York.

dogs2.jpg

-Rich

Yours look good too Rich. Heh. These oddities with blue cheese and bacon were at the Colorado Avalanche game so I figured I'd try. It. It's ... Okay. Not great. Heh.

Take a poppy seed bun, one Vienna Beef wiener, mustard, onions, neon green relish, sport peppers, tomatoes, and top with a pickle.

Calling anything else a "Hot dog" is blasphemy!

:D

Yours look good too Rich. Heh. These oddities with blue cheese and bacon were at the Colorado Avalanche game so I figured I'd try. It. It's ... Okay. Not great. Heh.

I'd be happy to treat you to a few if you ever find yourself in these parts.

The Kingston location place has been in business and owned by the same family (who never seem to to age) since my father was a child. His dad used to take him there to eat, my dad did the same with us, and then I and my brothers did the same, in sequence, with our families.

It was ~ 150 miles (one way) from the various parts of NYC / Long Island where we lived to Kingston, but we made the trip many times, usually accompanied by family, friends, or neighbor kids who were friends of our own children. When invited, they'd always say something along the lines of, "You want to drive all the way up there just for hot dogs?" Yep, that was exactly what we planned to do. The hot dogs really are that good.

But we adults would make a carefully-crafted adventure out of the trip. Especially during the warmer months, there are attractions along the way like small amusement parks, water flumes, and go-kart tracks that we'd pretend to just stumble upon, usually by pretending to "get lost" and just happening upon them. (I guess that ruse would be harder to pull off now that cars have GPS.) We'd let the the kids grubby and hungry at a few of these attractions, but we'd carefully ration their food intake so they'd still "have room" for the Dallas Wieners.

So yeah, the hot dogs are pretty exceptional. Generations of my family have built elaborate adventures around them. But I still make the roughly 50-mile trip just for the hot dogs from time to time. Moreover, the store's location tips the balance toward Kingston when I need to travel to some city or another to buy something that I can't get locally and don't want to order online. Kingston's not the closest city to me, but it's where the Dallas Wieners are; so that justifies the extra miles.

-Rich

Sitting watching football,what I'd give for a couple of Chicago dogs.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Take a poppy seed bun, one Vienna Beef wiener, mustard, onions, neon green relish, sport peppers, tomatoes, and top with a pickle.

Calling anything else a "Hot dog" is blasphemy!

:D

:yeahthat::yeahthat::happydance:

Since my weight loss surgery can't have any:no::no::no::nono::nono::nono:

Ok, that's disturbing.

Here's the real deal. Chicago dogs start at 1:36. Keep an eye out for Superdawgs owners, Maurie and Flori.

Superdawgs aren't Vienna hot dogs. They make their own.

Ted's in Buffalo, NY with a branch in Phoenix, AZ featuring Sahlen's hotdogs. The only thing that makes trips to Buffalo (and the relatives) tolerable.

In Denver and Boulder, Mustard's Last Stand has the Vienna dogs Chicago style.

Last edited:
Superdawgs aren't Vienna hot dogs. They make their own.

Understood, but since you can't buy the genuine article except from Superdawg, Vienna's all beef hot dogs are the closest I've been able to find.

This is a proper hot dog.. Oh, yeah!

dq-sides-hotdog.png

(I donned a flame resistant flight suit for the first time in my life)

Ted's in Buffalo, NY with a branch in Phoenix, AZ featuring Sahlen's hotdogs. The only thing that makes trips to Buffalo (and the relatives) tolerable.

In Denver and Boulder, Mustard's Last Stand has the Vienna dogs Chicago style.

Yes! And visiting Tempe nearly 20 years later - it's still the same and just as good as I remembered.

This is a proper hot dog.. Oh, yeah!

dq-sides-hotdog.png

(I donned a flame resistant flight suit for the first time in my life)

Only if you're younger than 5 - in which case does Mommy know you're on PoA? :goofy:

Back