Pristine T-34 for sale

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
I don't know the owner and have no vested interest in this other than I snapped a couple of pictures of one of the nicest T-34's I've ever seen.

I wish I had more pictures, because this plane looks new inside and out. :)

Isn't every plane for sale?

Are you going to leave us with a mystery of who is selling, where, or how much?

The T-34 Mentor has always been something of a paradox for me.

It's a Bonanza...with a two hole cockpit...right? Are there are any other differences?

When I started going to Oshkosh, 396 moons ago, I remember the Warbirds of America openly making fun of T-34s and their pilots. Those weren't "real warbirds", to them, back then.

Now? (And for many years.) The T-34 guys (and T-6, and T-28) put on the best formations at OSH.

Looks boring to me. I would never have a warbird without a tailwheel. It almost kills me to own a nosedragger Cessna 172.

If you think you'd like to own a T-34.

Call you favorite parts house and see if you can find a fuel pump for one.

Isn't every plane for sale?

Are you going to leave us with a mystery of who is selling, where, or how much?

I don't know the owner. The bird was brought here (11R) by a friend who owns a T-34. He's going to take it to OSH for the owner and show it up there.

$290,000.00

I don't know the owner. The bird was brought here (11R) by a friend who owns a T-34. He's going to take it to OSH for the owner and show it up there.

$290,000.00

I would imagine at that price it had all the mods done on it to take care of the issues that came up a few years back. I kinda like them, but I wouldn't pay that much for one, I'd rather have a T-6, you can make money with those.

I would imagine at that price it had all the mods done on it to take care of the issues that came up a few years back. I kinda like them, but I wouldn't pay that much for one, I'd rather have a T-6, you can make money with those.

I sat in it and it's a fine plane but what strikes me as queer is such a large plane with two seats.

With the IO-550, my friend was telling me his T-34 has a major heat problem. He wishes he had the 0-520. If you point a 550 powered T-34 up and slow for very long, you can fry the engine.

Fuel burn is up into the 17's with the 550 if you push it also.

Not standard Bo stuff?

No. A few years ago I spent most of 3 months trying to find one for a customer, finally had to use a Cessna 310's pump and reset the relief pressure settings.

$290,000.00

For 290k sounds like a owner, not a seller.

Last edited:
Or P-39, P-63, B-24, T-28... or basically anything with a jet engine.

No doubt! I just threw the P-38 in there real quick as it is one of my favorites if not my all time favorite. Also it was after all what Dick Bong got his 40 Jap kills in and what Rex Barber flew when he shot down Yamamoto. It was one of the most significant aircraft of WW2 and one badass looking machine.

I'd love to fly one... even with its nose wheel.

Looks boring to me. I would never have a warbird without a tailwheel. It almost kills me to own a nosedragger Cessna 172.

I agree. I never considered my Stearman a "warbird" either. , even though it was a taildragger. It was a trainer, not a combat plane.

I'd agree. You can find a pristine T-6/SNJ for less than 290K.

No doubt! I just threw the P-38 in there real quick as it is one of my favorites if not my all time favorite. Also it was after all what Dick Bong got his 40 Jap kills in and what Rex Barber flew when he shot down Yamamoto. It was one of the most significant aircraft of WW2 and one badass looking machine.

I'd love to fly one... even with its nose wheel.

My great uncle flew the 38, 39(training Russians), 47, and 51 in WWII. Even though he brought home the 51 he finished the war in, he said his favorite was the 38. When I asked him why his answer was "Right turns, nobody could turn to the right with you."

The whole where the wheels are is a silly issue. I'd love a P-39, he said that was a sweet flying plane as well.

My great uncle flew the 38, 39(training Russians), 47, and 51 in WWII. Even though he brought home the 51 he finished the war in, he said his favorite was the 38. When I asked him why his answer was "Right turns, nobody could turn to the right with you."

The whole where the wheels are is a silly issue. I'd love a P-39, he said that was a sweet flying plane as well.
This P-39 was at our airport a few weeks ago. I *think* it's the last one flying in the States.

This P-39 was at our airport a few weeks ago. I *think* it's the last one flying in the States.

Most of them went to the Soviets, doubt if they have any flying. There was a bunch built, I hope a couple more come back around, there have to be a few good candidates still to be found.

Most of them went to the Soviets, doubt if they have any flying. There was a bunch built, I hope a couple more come back around, there have to be a few good candidates still to be found.
It's weird to hear it start up. At low power settings you can actually hear that big, long driveshaft turning.

Not something I would like much, as a pilot, but still a very cool plane.

It's weird to hear it start up. At low power settings you can actually hear that big, long driveshaft turning.

Not something I would like much, as a pilot, but still a very cool plane.

Yeah, but that allows the mass to be right over the pivot point making it sweet handling. Did they ever get the P-63 flying again yet? I saw a while back somebody had to put it into a field.:(

The T-34 Mentor has always been something of a paradox for me.

It's a Bonanza...with a two hole cockpit...right? Are there are any other differences?

When I started going to Oshkosh, 396 moons ago, I remember the Warbirds of America openly making fun of T-34s and their pilots. Those weren't "real warbirds", to them, back then.

Now? (And for many years.) The T-34 guys (and T-6, and T-28) put on the best formations at OSH.

I'd be happy if the Warbirds of America made fun of me in a T-34. :yes: Not for $290,000, but there are lesser specimens out there.

Back