Possible Flight 370 Landed?

Kevin87

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin87
I just read this story by the wall street journal.

Link to article

Is it possible that the plane may have landed somewhere. Any 777 pilots out there have any thoughts on this?

Here are some quotes from the story.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

If that is true, it does not bode well for the passengers and crew. whoever is doing it, are ripping off a large aircraft, and they are trying to maintain secrecy.

-John

Interesting article. At this point anything is possible.

There are kooks out there who believe that some of the 911 planes were flying hours after we saw them hit WTC and the Pentagon based on their interpretation of telemetry data.

Yeah I'm not saying this is a fact that they landed somewhere. Just thought that it was weird they were still getting engine diagnostics hours after the transponder when out and no radio contact.

Who knows this story could be totally wrong, but thought I would post it

Yeah I'm not saying this is a fact that they landed somewhere. Just thought that it was weird they were still getting engine diagnostics hours after the transponder when out and no radio contact.

Who knows this story could be totally wrong, but thought I would post it

I don't know how exactly those engine reporting systems work, but if they work through INMARSAT C, it's a prioritized traffic store-forward process that is slow and outmoded, but still relied on for GMDSS traffic as well as other commercial and government traffic. If the engine manufacturers are buying all this data transmission, they probably make a deal on cost by giving up priority, this means that those data packs may be old before they come through. Just one potential.

I don't know how exactly those engine reporting systems work, but if they work through INMARSAT C, it's a prioritized traffic store-forward process that is slow and outmoded, but still relied on for GMDSS traffic as well as other commercial and government traffic. If the engine manufacturers are buying all this data transmission, they probably make a deal on cost by giving up priority, this means that those data packs may be old before they come through. Just one potential.

This is where I would lay my bets, though the latest news on the captain raises questions, I wonder how much of that info is biased by the government providing the fodder. I bet they'd much rather blame the captain than have this tracked down to a maintenance error.

As a pilot, THIS makes more sense than anything else I have heard so far:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13cv1gohsmbv5jmy221vrfyiz3vdhbop04

It sure does.
Thank you for sharing this!

"This pilot, as I say, was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. No doubt in my mind. That's the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijack would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It would probably have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided on where they were taking it."

"If they pulled the busses the plane indeed would go silent. It was probably a serious event and they simply were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, Navigate and lastly communicate. There are two types of fires. Electrical might not be as fast and furious and there might or might not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility given the timeline that perhaps there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires and it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes this happens with underinflated tires."

Plotting it for 30years and 18,000+ hours.:rolleyes2:

Last edited:
First damn thing I've read that makes any sense at all.

That is also what several of us speculated early on. Based on what little released info has been verified, it still seems very plausible.

Only problem is the officials speaking for the investigation that seem to say the actions were more sinister, but without precisely saying why. Like any criminal investigation, they most likely know far more than they are releasing.

Few things that I haven't seen confirmed. Maybe I missed it.

How much fuel exactly was on board? Withholding the release of this information is very... curious.

Approx location of the satellite pings prior to the last one received

Yes, it's possible. It's also possible Darth Vader's Interstellar Battleship swooped down and swallowed it up the way it did the transport with Princess Leia and the droids aboard at the beginning of the first Star Wars movie. But at this point, with the information publicly available, I wouldn't put any money on either of those two theoretical possibilities.

Last edited:
Back