Port Aransas / Mustang Island (KRAS)

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Wrote this up for the FBO's newsletter/magazine, based on the trip my wife and I took October 24th-27th.

Here's the video; article is attached.

Attachments

• Beach or Bust.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Nice write up and video ,hope to make the trip sooner than later.

Airport is 5' MSL eh...... So, we might have a sea port during any really high tides?

Nice write up... you were flying home the same time I was.

I was coming home from ScottD's event in Sugarland. Had planned for 4500 but I chickened out and flew below the clouds (didn't trust I'd find a hole once I got to DFW). Fortunately there was enough cloud clearance at 2000ft MSL, otherwise, I'd be the fastest vehicle on the northbound lanes of I-45.

Airport is 5' MSL eh...... So, we might have a sea port during any really high tides?

Nice write up... you were flying home the same time I was.

I was coming home from ScottD's event in Sugarland. Had planned for 4500 but I chickened out and flew below the clouds (didn't trust I'd find a hole once I got to DFW). Fortunately there was enough cloud clearance at 2000ft MSL, otherwise, I'd be the fastest vehicle on the northbound lanes of I-45.

Yeah it was definitely a scuzzy day underneath! Here are two snapshots I got on ForeFlight that day:

ypa8aga8.jpg

zyqusuqu.jpg

Ahh, Sunday morning.... yeah, ScottD and I were monitoring all that mess all day.

I departed about 4:30-ish pm. Was clear and partly cloudy above KSGR, but as soon as you got to the beltway, it was a solid cloud deck from there to Leona and Cedar Creek VOR's.

And just my luck, as I was over Lake Lavon, the clouds went away over McKinney and it was blue and a million above the airport.

(PS. When in the heck are we gonna schedule a flight together???? We keep talking about it! Let's get to doing it!)

But you had the Brisket Burger, right?

Back