Plane camping in OK

JCranford

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JCranford
Anyone recommend somewhere to airplane camp in southern Oklahoma? I need somewhere to go for a weekend. A nice grass strip with a fishing spit would be nice. Camp under the wing maybe.

3T0 Cedar Mills
Not this weekend though
Too wet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Southern OK but not too far. Petite Jean State Park in Arkansas has fly in camping with the runway ending in a lake. Runway is paved though. KMPJ

Lake Murray.

Not a grass strip but a strip a few miles from the state park which has great camping and fishing as well.

Not Southern OK but not too far. Petite Jean State Park in Arkansas has fly in camping with the runway ending in a lake. Runway is paved though. KMPJ

+1 for Petit Jean.

Lake Murray.

Not a grass strip but a strip a few miles from the state park which has great camping and fishing as well.

Is that the strip that if you're approaching from the north is a bit uphill? I was coming in to land there on a bit of a windy day and it freaked me out a bit so I did a go around... but went all the way around to ardmore and landed there.

I never landed there.just flew over it.
When we camp there, we drive. 45 min drive from here.

Did a low pass a couple times but the runway seemed a little short for me at the time

F31 Lake Texoma State Park has a paved airstrip. The park also has camping and fishing. I've driven past but haven't flown there.

Check your Wx forecast this weekend carefully.

Tons of moisture is pouring up from the Gulf as we speak.

I'm at Tenkiller Airpark 44M it's a great runway with very friendly people. FBO has showers and we have a park to camp! Don't let the slight slope scare you. We have two Barron's several bonanzas and many others. This weekend is not looking good due to rain but come when you can. Jody Jones Stinson 108-3

Dont worry, it was definately NOT for this weekend. Looking a few weeks out.

Jody, thanks for the 44M info. That looks like a nice flight from here. Probably be callin on you guys in a couple weeks. Are ya'll dog-friendly?

JC we're pet friendly and even have fuel on the field with cash or check. We also have a grill to cook on and fire pit with wood. If you need supplies we'll get you some wheels.

Back