PDK

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
I am flying to PDK August 20th sometime in the early evening for a work-related training course. Never been. Any FBO preferences? It looks like I can hop on the Marta there at PDK and ride right down to my hotel.

Also I will be free the evenings of Aug 20,21,22 if anyone wants to grab a beer or even go flying

I used EPPS no complaints, they got a good rate on a hotel, the hotel had a shuttle.

I work for Epps, so of course, I'm a little partial, but they are good folks. I honestly can't tell you how we compare on prices because I don't use the FBOs. Any of the FBO's will run you over to MARTA. I'm guessing a cab to downtown would be about $30.

If I'm around I'd be up for a beer and could even give you a ride. But as a charter pilot, I don't know what I may be doing this far out.

Thanks. I will go with Epps. Any ramp fees for a piston single? I plan on purchasing around 20 gallons of 100LL.

Dave, i'll send you a PM a little closer to my trip date

Thanks. I will go with Epps. Any ramp fees for a piston single? I plan on purchasing around 20 gallons of 100LL.

I don't recall a ramp fee, but I filled up.

A friend of my has his Diamond based at PDK and he recommends Epps when I go PDK. But it seems to me they have quite high ramp fees ($65 if I recall, and I fly a 172). Of course they waive some with fuel, but PDK is busy with a lot of jets so they can ask top dollar. I suggest sending an email to the manager and asking. I find when I do that they not only frequently offer to waive or discount some of the fees, but I also get better service when I arrive, which I appreciate more. I don't resent fair fees because they have expenses too.

I do plan to be going up there soon, but it will probably be October. I'll let you know if that changes. My friend would probably love to pick up a couple of pilots and talk airplanes. He just bought his Diamond a few months ago and is still real excited.

I do plan to be going up there soon, but it will probably be October. I'll let you know if that changes. My friend would probably love to pick up a couple of pilots and talk airplanes. He just bought his Diamond a few months ago and is still real excited.

Get him to sign up on POA!

I went ahead and made a reservation with epps for the mooney. For the fuel i'll need, it looks like I will pay about $20 ramp fee. Seems reasonable to me.

Great. I'm on call those days, but no flights scheduled yet.

Bump, PM sent dave. If anyone wants to meet up tonight / tomorrow / thursday shoot me a PM

Back