Parking at Midway (KMDW)

NACA 0012

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Phil H.
I was telling someone at the Rough River fly-in a few weeks ago about how surprisingly affordable it was to park a small single piston plane at KMDW. I went up there again this past weekend (in a C172XP) and have to report that Atlantic has raised their overnight tie-down fees. Looking at my receipt, I can report that the landing fee of $40 was waived with a purchase of 11 gallons (the minimum) of 100LL at $7.81/gal. The overnight tie-down parking was $54/night and then there was also landing fee of $7.50 and a Security fee of $10. The last time I was there was one year ago when they charged only $20/night (plus the security and landing fees). Overall, these prices are not bad at all (for such an airport in a big city) and probably significantly lower than what they're charging across the field at Signature (where it's $131/night on their website). Without a doubt, the people at Atlantic are wonderful. They treated us very well and even freed up a back-office employee to give us a ride to the CTA station when no line-person was available. In relative aviation terms, this is still an amazingly great deal and I will definitely return to KMDW and to Atlantic FBO. I just have to backtrack publicly on something I said to someone whom I can't remember on a mostly unforgettable night in my recent hazy memory!

Back