Oshkosh Webcams

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
I never saw any of the OSH webcams (I was there!), so bear with me -- but were any of them aimed at Rwy 27? If so, would they not have recorded every arrival and departure?

Anyone know? And if so, is this footage accessible?

Thanks!

Not sure if it's accesible, but I watched some of the arrivals online. If I remember right some of the cameras panned, but I'm nost sure if the Rwy 27 was fixed or not.

Not sure if it's accesible, but I watched some of the arrivals online. If I remember right some of the cameras panned, but I'm nost sure if the Rwy 27 was fixed or not.

Hmm. Wouldn't you think those were recorded somewhere?

I know about 500 pilots who would pay good, American money for video of them arriving at OSH. I'm one of them.

It's amazing that EAA misses this trick every year. If the charged just twenty bucks apiece...

Yeah maybe then they could afford to air condition the exhibit hangars ! I mean its not like they'd be running it all summer.

Hmm. Wouldn't you think those were recorded somewhere?

I know about 500 pilots who would pay good, American money for video of them arriving at OSH. I'm one of them.

It's amazing that EAA misses this trick every year. If the charged just twenty bucks apiece...

They might be recorded. You could ask EAA if they are, and see if they could burn you a copy, but you would need to take the time to find your landing. I think you would have better things to do. That would be a lot of work for someone to go through all those hours and thousands of arrivals to find a minute clip of a particular aircraft. I think it would be cost prohibitive at $20. Besides, won't you have enough video next year? The way you are going, you're going to have multiple Go Pro cameras on the RV come next year when you fly in.

They might be recorded. You could ask EAA if they are, and see if they could burn you a copy, but you would need to take the time to find your landing. I think you would have better things to do. That would be a lot of work for someone to go through all those hours and thousands of arrivals to find a minute clip of a particular aircraft. I think it would be cost prohibitive at $20. Besides, won't you have enough video next year? The way you are going, you're going to have multiple Go Pro cameras on the RV come next year when you fly in.

Heh -- not from the ground! :D

I think this would be pretty simple for EAA to do. My hotel surveillance video saves itself (8 cameras) to DVR in one-hour long files. To find a video, you thus only need to know a timeframe within 60 minutes.

So, if you knew that you had arrived at OSH around 1:30 PM on Sunday, for example, you would buy the 1 - 2 PM file.

Heck, you could put all the files on-line, and make 'em downloadable, payable with PayPal. At $20 apiece, they'd make a killing.

I would buy it.

Better yet, let Cirrus sponsor it, and then it could be a free service of EAA. Let 'em add a Cirrus ad to it!

Heh -- not from the ground! :D

I think this would be pretty simple for EAA to do. My hotel surveillance video saves itself (8 cameras) to DVR in one-hour long files. To find a video, you thus only need to know a timeframe within 60 minutes.

So, if you knew that you had arrived at OSH around 1:30 PM on Sunday, for example, you would buy the 1 - 2 PM file.

Heck, you could put all the files on-line, and make 'em downloadable, payable with PayPal. At $20 apiece, they'd make a killing.

I would buy it.

Better yet, let Cirrus sponsor it, and then it could be a free service of EAA. Let 'em add a Cirrus ad to it!

Your way might just work. Maybe you could suggest it to them. But the big question still is if they save it.

Back