Orlando area, what's interesting to do?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Howdy from Cocoa Beach!

No... I'm not out there trying to find where Larry Hagman hid Barbara Eden's bottle. I've got a conference to attend on Monday to Wednesday.

I'm looking for interesting things to do on Sunday. Saturday I am going to do the tours of Kenedy Space Center

I've already found www.warbirdadventures.com and will check them out.

But what else? I have my father with me whose a T38 instructor from the 60's and the a Brannif pilot after that. So he enjoys aviation too. But were not stuck on doing just aviation. This is some fun time and we want to go find fun things to do that don't involve the major theme parks or a lot of elaborate planning.

Any suggestions?

Last time I was there, I went to a gun range, and did a short hike- both in the Orlando city limits. But a short canoe trip is also pretty simple to arrange, or go down a little ways to Palm Beach to snorkel (the submerged pier behind the Breakers hotel attracts a lot of cool tropical sea critters). Or a boat trip- fishing maybe.
The coolest "Florida only" thing I've done in that area, though, was to snorkel with the manatee (at Crystal River)... but I'm not sure if they have migrated yet. If you're into that sort of thing, it's a must. If you like the water but prefer to stay dry, that preserve is also just a great place to go boating and observe wildlife.

Aviation-wise, I've done a little flying out of Orlando and Tampa, but even more fun was Kermit Weeks' little place in Polk City...

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/

An excellent glider training facility is less than 10 miles from DW.

Howdy from Cocoa Beach!

No... I'm not out there trying to find where Larry Hagman hid Barbara Eden's bottle. I've got a conference to attend on Monday to Wednesday.

I'm looking for interesting things to do on Sunday. Saturday I am going to do the tours of Kenedy Space Center

I've already found www.warbirdadventures.com and will check them out.

But what else? I have my father with me whose a T38 instructor from the 60's and the a Brannif pilot after that. So he enjoys aviation too. But were not stuck on doing just aviation. This is some fun time and we want to go find fun things to do that don't involve the major theme parks or a lot of elaborate planning.

Any suggestions?

Looking for some non-flying activities my dad will want to do

Head up to Daytona and get a tour of the highbanks.:yesnod:.

Hit one of the obscure little restaurants that are nestled on the intercoastal waterway and eat some killer seafood.

Of just find a parkbench by some beach and spectate the spectators.;).

Enjoy the warm weather,,, ( as I throw another log in the woodstove to fend off -2 f temps)...

Ben.

Head up to Daytona and get a tour of the highbanks.:yesnod:.

Hit one of the obscure little restaurants that are nestled on the intercoastal waterway and eat some killer seafood.

Of just find a parkbench by some beach and spectate the spectators.;).

Enjoy the warm weather,,, ( as I throw another log in the woodstove to fend off -2 f temps)...

Ben.
I bet those mountains look real pretty with their new coating of snow too.

"hole in the beach" seafood shack sound like a great idea.

Took the tours at KSC today and got to see Endeavor up close. It was in the Vehicle Assembly Building. Now that is one TAAAAALLLLL space.

Head over to the space center on the east coast.

Back