Offer accepted on 182!!!!

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
Seller took my offer today on a 2002 turbo 182t.

Can't get the pre purchase inspection done quick enough, my airplane ownership sabbatical will be over soon!:)

I can't wait to take my son around the patch in the new bird in a couple weeks.

Attaboy! That will teach them to screw with us Okies.

Details? Pictures? (price?)
Welcome back to the ranks of ownership;
and hangar fees, and insurance, and annuals, and $6+ gas and being reviled as one of the filthy rich.
I'ts great.

Well I'm paying $140,000. It has 1550 total time and it's crankshaft AD is due november 2013.

Compression is 76 and above, however it's going to need new engine come next year but I planned on this. Until then it will serve my family well. We have great aviation community here in Tulsa where I can get help and good pricing on the rebuild. The guy who is doing my pre purchase will also take care of my bird just did rebuild on a older 182 engine for $27,000. I know mine will be more but I know it will be reasonable and fair and I intend to help and learn a wealth of knowledge.

It's mission is to fly me to wyoming to work on a weekly basis and to our place in steamboat springs. Most importantly I'm going to fly to those barbecue joints I keep reading about but are too far by car.

My son is turning 10 in 3 weeks and he is completely into flying, that's going to be my favorite mission for sure!:)

Pics will be along in a couple weeks..

Details? Pictures? (price?)
Welcome back to the ranks of ownership;
and hangar fees, and insurance, and annuals, and $6+ gas and being reviled as one of the filthy rich.
I'ts great.

Yep' filthy rich! I'm going to get a couple gold teeth to show those doubters when they ask. One big smile and they will just nod their heads and move on. Maybe a big gold Cessna chain around my neck!

The one thing that is hard to swallow is the fuel costs. When I stopped flying 7 years ago I could fuel up the Cherokee 6 for $1.67/gallon. Wow those days are gone!:mad2:

Awesome John, sounds like a perfect mtn plane. Can't wait to see it on the ramp @ SBS!!

Tony
Yep couldn't turn it down for now. I contemplated it but needing to get some things done flying wise i decided to pull the trigger. I'll need something of my own for at least a year then re evaluate things.

Gonna be in the boat labor day weekend. If your around let's do some flying?

Well I'm paying $140,000. It has 1550 total time and it's crankshaft AD is due november 2013.

Compression is 76 and above, however it's going to need new engine come next year but I planned on this. Until then it will serve my family well. We have great aviation community here in Tulsa where I can get help and good pricing on the rebuild. The guy who is doing my pre purchase will also take care of my bird just did rebuild on a older 182 engine for $27,000. I know mine will be more but I know it will be reasonable and fair and I intend to help and learn a wealth of knowledge.

It's mission is to fly me to wyoming to work on a weekly basis and to our place in steamboat springs. Most importantly I'm going to fly to those barbecue joints I keep reading about but are too far by car.

My son is turning 10 in 3 weeks and he is completely into flying, that's going to be my favorite mission for sure!:)

Pics will be along in a couple weeks..

Have you found out the availability/price of the crank kit? I was helping a friend look for a 182 and we ran into several that needed it. Problem was the kit was on a long back order, not to mention very expensive. We decided it would be easier to buy a factory reman to get the around locating a kit.

I contacted western skyways regarding some costs. They told me $8,000-$10,000 for the crankshaft kit. He didn't indicate any issues with availability. I was told by someone else $20,000 for the crankshaft job.

That gives me something to look for for sure!

Back