Northeast Dallas Small Field?

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
Some family members moved to northeast Dallas, east of I-35E and US 75, south of I-635. I'm casting about for a suitable small airport to fly my FD CTSW into when I visit them for a few days at a time. It would be day VFR.

I've been into an 1800 feet grass strip with trees on both ends many times, so surface and obstructions are not a major issue. I can tie down if there are no hangars available for overnight.

Doing a Google Map search based on travel times, Addison KADS is closest and Air Park Dallas is only a few more minutes to their home.

Any comments on these airports, or is there another so attractive I should consider it, even if farther away?

Thanks.

Specifically what is the name of the town they live in? Or the major road intersection close by? NE Dallas is a big space and we can narrow if we can get better coordinates?

Take a look at Aero Country, T-31, and McKinney, KTKI, as alternatives.

The latter might fit since it has "bigger airport" amenities including access to rental cars and more...

I wouldn't use airpark, it is not suited to transient aircraft.

You could use KADS, I'm based there let me know if you have specific questions.

I also really like KTKI, if it is close I would consider it first since it is a lot easier to get into and out of.

KDTO can be an additional alternative. But then I'm b(i)ased there :D

KADS is very nice and will impress everyone which Is Not Free is awesome but TKI is free and they are super nice.

I think they are trying to compete with DTO as friendliest FBO or something. They talk a lot about their goals of achieving highest cust. satisfaction ratings.

Don't listen to these two about KDTO it's in the middle of no where, its's where we send people to die. ;)
There is much friendlier airports just South of there.

Don't listen to these two about KDTO it's in the middle of no where, its's where we send people to die. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: HAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Hah! At least we don't have to dodge Volvo SUV's and deal with an eccentric airport owner!

McKinney is great. Nice folks. Go downtown.

I like KADS,friendly airport.

I use F69 when I visit over there. Park on the NE side in the grass, may have to scrounge for some tie downs, or you can bring your own. If the east gate isn't open(doesn't seem to have a schedule), you can walk across the runway to the west side, it's always open.

It will be a cold day in hell when I go back and pay billions to stop at KADS. Eff that.

When you are ready to land, and subsequent take off, call ADS tower and advise them you are operating out of Airpark Dallas and direction of flight.

Specifically what is the name of the town they live in? Or the major road intersection close by? NE Dallas is a big space and we can narrow if we can get better coordinates?

Take a look at Aero Country, T-31, and McKinney, KTKI, as alternatives.

The latter might fit since it has "bigger airport" amenities including access to rental cars and more...

Dallas. Near Skillman and Walnut Lane, which is northwest of White Rock Lake. I won't need a rental car as the family has a spare.

I live next to White Rock lake. We base our DA40 at KRBD, about a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Mesquite (KHQZ) is another good choice for you.

I live next to White Rock lake. We base our DA40 at KRBD, about a 20 minute drive with no traffic. Mesquite (KHQZ) is another good choice for you.

Man, don't you wish White Rock Field was still there?

I miss Garland the most.

I think I'm getting it down to McKinney TKI, McKinney T31 and Air-Park F69. Part of the reason is it doesn't make sense to fly past my stop and then drive back. Would rather land a bit short and continue by driving.
I'd rather find 91 Octane mogas, with or without 10% ethanol, but haven't found any close enough.

I would recommend f69 for convenience and hqz if cheap gas interests you. I live very close to your family and regularly fly out of f69, rbd, ads, and hqz. F69 would be easiest to get to via car. (Assuming ads isn't an option). Not sure how available fuel is there though, never bought it from them.

I would recommend f69 for convenience and hqz if cheap gas interests you. I live very close to your family and regularly fly out of f69, rbd, ads, and hqz. F69 would be easiest to get to via car. (Assuming ads isn't an option). Not sure how available fuel is there though, never bought it from them.

There is fuel available at F69. It is not high profile, but it is there. If you choose to base there, you'll learn about it easily.

I ended up flying into F69 and fueled there. I can see why a person used to big, business like FBOs might find F69 a bit different at first, but my experience was fine.

There is fuel available at F69. It is not high profile, but it is there. If you choose to base there, you'll learn about it easily.
We were based there from 99-11 but always filled up in mesquite when we were inbound. I loved it there, easy in and out and great central location.

Back