New Here with Medical Cert Questions

Jodi

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
scarlet045
I'm considering switching careers and have a question about a couple of prescriptions I take. I hope this is the right place, but if anyone has any suggestions on where I should direct my question, that's great too.
I take metformin, a common type two diabetes medicine, but I take it for PCOS instead. I also take spironolactone, commonly used for high blood pressure, but I use it for acne.
If I apply for a medical certificate and declare these medications and why I take them with notes from my doctor, will I have a problem getting my medical cert?

I am not a doctor but I don’t foresee the BP med being an issue, you’re allowed to have up to three of those as long as your blood pressure is indeed controlled, which I’m assuming it is.

The diabetes med, though, would make me very wary. I’m sure the resident expert AMEs will be along shortly to elaborate. I don’t *think* you’ll have an issue assuming you have proper documentation that it’s not diabetes being treated.

As always, highly recommend to get in for a CONSULTATION visit with an AME before doing the official exam. Don’t submit any applications or paperwork before you’re 110% sure everything’s okay. A miscommunication in this stage could easily result in a deferral or denial.

I am not a doctor but I don’t foresee the BP med being an issue, you’re allowed to have up to three of those as long as your blood pressure is indeed controlled, which I’m assuming it is.

The diabetes med, though, would make me very wary. I’m sure the resident expert AMEs will be along shortly to elaborate. I don’t *think* you’ll have an issue assuming you have proper documentation that it’s not diabetes being treated.

As always, highly recommend to get in for a CONSULTATION visit with an AME before doing the official exam. Don’t submit any applications or paperwork before you’re 110% sure everything’s okay. A miscommunication in this stage could easily result in a deferral or denial.
Glad to know there is consultation option. I will obtain the written notes from my doctor for each medicine and bring then to the consult.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back