Neurological disorder on Med application

steamyrayvaughn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
steamyrayvaughn
When I was young I was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). I've been very lucky to have a very benign case of it, and have not had any complications in my 25 years of life. When I submitted my application, I was very new to Aviation, hadn't had any recent doctor visits and was in very good health. Because of that, I did not disclose that I had this condition on my MedXpress application. Am I going to be in trouble when it comes time to renew/apply for a new medical cert?

Get to a neurologist, once you have the favorable report, (make sure it's favorable!) send it in at 405-954-4040. that SI needs every 2 years, a report. If you are proactive FIRST cycle, all will be forgiven....
1729206510955.png

I already have a Third Class, that I've had for 4 years now. If I add it to my info on my application for when this one expires, is that fishy? Will I be in trouble?

Well if you've only lied/omitted once, and come clean with the proper information on teh second go, you'll be a pass and a warning. Leave it off twice and you have an issue. Three times and "you're Martha Stewart"!

Back