narco avionics repair

PilotDaveLI

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotDaveLI
On Barnstormers there is a Keith Peshak offering to repair, if repairable, Narco MK12D for a $500 flat fee. He has many postings and sends a very long text (no calls or emails) with explicit instructions on shipping and payment.

Can anyone provide feedback on the legitimacy of his services ?

Thank you.

On Barnstormers there is a Keith Peshak offering to repair, if repairable, Narco MK12D for a $500 flat fee. He has many postings and sends a very long text (no calls or emails) with explicit instructions on shipping and payment.

Can anyone provide feedback on the legitimacy of his services ?

Thank you.
I have had two MK12D’s repaired by Keith. He does great work just hard to deal with on payment. Will not take a personal check, credit card or money order only a certified check from a bank. I sent him a cashiers check from my credit union and he refused it. I hand delivered him one of my radios so I meet him personally

I've talked with many small business owners (usually a sole proprietor) who've gotten burned more than once by instant payments (e.g. Venmo, PayPal). It's doesn't take a big loss to ruin a sole proprietorship's profit for the month.

Instant payments aren't the safest thing in the world and hard to get you money back when there is fraud. Cards have suffocating exchange fees. Even cashier's checks are easily forged. Larger business can absorb these losses; sole proprietorships, not so much.

I have no qualms with business that go cash only. I'll deal with the hassle because the small business owner has even bigger hassles and I'm just doing my part to make things better for them.

I've talked with many small business owners (usually a sole proprietor) who've gotten burned more than once by instant payments (e.g. Venmo, PayPal). It's doesn't take a big loss to ruin a sole proprietorship's profit for the month.

Instant payments aren't the safest thing in the world and hard to get you money back when there is fraud.
So if it's hard to get your money back with Venmo, how can a small business owner get burned by taking customer payments via Venmo?

(I can understand a small business owner getting burned by paying a supplier via Venmo)

Instant payments aren't the safest thing in the world and hard to get you money back when there is fraud. Cards have suffocating exchange fees. Even cashier's checks are easily forged. Larger business can absorb these losses; sole proprietorships, not so much.

I have no qualms with business that go cash only. I'll deal with the hassle because the small business owner has even bigger hassles and I'm just doing my part to make things better for them.
Fine for walk-in business, but hard to pay cash by mail.

Certified, return receipt. I use it for the IRS.

Back