Naithan Scott

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
naithanscott
Hey everyone! I’m buying a beech musketeer in Az and want to get it painted before flying it to Jacksonville Florida. Anyone have any suggestions on a paint shop nearby? It’s already prepped for paint and annual.

Congrats! Sorry don’t have any leads… but I made a trip from Ryan to Gulf Shores a coupla years ago, was fun! Enjoy the trip and your new (hopefully painted) plane!

Congrats! Sorry don’t have any leads… but I made a trip from Ryan to Gulf Shores a coupla years ago, was fun! Enjoy the trip and your new (hopefully painted) plane!
Looking forward to the trip! Thanks! I appreciate it

Hello, fellow Musketeer flyer (I fly the C24R).
If you haven’t already, please check Beech Aero Club for the “Mouse hunt” document, all the know issues to check for the pre-buy inspection on your Musketeer. The forums there could also help if someone knows a good paint shop in the area.

https://core.beechaeroclub.org/
(It costs a few bucks to join, but it’s a great resource for all things Musketeers, saved my bacon a few times).

You probably already know, and not to insult your intelligence, but I always re-iterate to everyone: be careful about those bounced landings, and aware for that density altitude in AZ. The combination of the two almost caused me to eat dirt at KAEG airport once, so don’t do what I did.

Last edited:
Hello, fellow Musketeer flyer (I fly the C24R).
If you haven’t already, please check Beech Aero Club for the “Mouse hunt” document, all the know issues to check for the pre-buy inspection on your Musketeer.

You probably already know, and not to insult your intelligence, but I always re-iterate to everyone: be careful about those bounced landings, and aware for that density altitude in AZ. The combination of the two almost caused me to eat dirt at KAEG airport once, so don’t do what I did.
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I’ll go create a profile and check out the doc!
Also, I’ll definitely check the calcs. I did some flying in Az early in my flight training, so I know that DA can be a big factor lol

Another vote here for Beech Aero Club. There are some things with Musketeers that you should look out for. They are well-built and highly durable planes, but there are some weak spots. If it is prepped for paint and annual you may be far along in the purchase process, but it never hurts to check.

Welcome to the family! I have a B23 that I just had painted in Bartow. Sorry I don’t know any paint shops in AZ, but if you bring it back to FL first I can recommend a really good one.

I second the plug for Beech Aero Club. Only bargain in aviation.

What part of Jax are you in? I was raised on the westside, in Wesconnett.

i would consider the possibility that it is cheaper to paint it in FL than in phoenix. I don’t know that for sure but it seems likely based on the little I know.

Back