Meeting Amelia

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
A quote from another board:

We're headed from northeast North Carolina, to California, near Sacramento, the last week in May. Only one stop midway is decided upon, and that's St. Louis area (Alton) to see family. Other than that, I'd really like to meet other people along the way, invite them to lunch, dinner, or just a cup of coffee at the FBO, to help break up the ride. We expect to arrive in California by May 31, if all goes well, and hope to touch base with a couple of Imaginary Friends while in Northern California, and head home, perhaps by way of Portland (!) OR, if weather and old friends' schedules makes that a good idea. Anyway, the great circle route is only a guideline. Side trips or minor zig-zags, especially if good adventure is to be found, are fine.

--------------

I was honored to get an email back in March from a POA member (Amelia). We had this super awesome time in her SWEET Mooney yesterday. Since March I have been looking forward to her visit and the weather yesterday did not disappoint.

Aviation is such a small world, after we landed, I saw a fellow member of Angel Flight / EAA at the airport and even got her a fuel discount and some free goodies.

This is the first time I've been able to give a tour from the right seat of my hometown.

7333372990_7da4fdaf08.jpg

7333423858_1d9715fac8.jpg

7333410928_32be7f23fe.jpg

Oh and on Saturday I flew with a POA member who let me experience my first grass strip! He was the PIC and they had a little display day. My weekends just don't suck anymore. Even though I was not PIC all weekend, I flew the 150 last week once around the pattern with the airport manager and had a great time, only costing me 20-something dollars and keeping me current.

Girls fly airplanes?

Girls fly airplanes?

She told me her pilot story began when she had small children and her husband came home one day to suggest she find a hobby to relieve stress. He suggested pilot training and the rest is history.

What a great story! Glad it all worked out; sounded like a wonderful time. :D

And I told a non-pilot last night my story (he contacted me via PM regarding research on a pilot project he is working on). Turns out he may book a discovery flight.

Back