Medical renewal, possible issue.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I am a recently minted private pilot, I got a 1st class medical back in 2017 but was delayed in starting training.

I have never had an medical issues and hadn’t been to the doctor for many years prior to my medical being issued. However last year I had some stomach issues, I won’t go into details but I may have been Costco’s No1 buyer of toilet paper. I went to the doctors twice and he ran blood tests and didn’t find anything. I have since totally changed my diet and dropped from 270lbs to 190lbs and have not had any issues since.

2 questions, is this something to be disclosed? And second if I disclose it will it cause me issues in being renewed?

If anyone has any advice it’ll really be appreciated

What the heck would you disclose? The key word here is "had"

Great job on the weight loss and don't beg trouble with the FAA,

Hi all,

I am a recently minted private pilot, I got a 1st class medical back in 2017 but was delayed in starting training.

I have never had an medical issues and hadn’t been to the doctor for many years prior to my medical being issued. However last year I had some stomach issues, I won’t go into details but I may have been Costco’s No1 buyer of toilet paper. I went to the doctors twice and he ran blood tests and didn’t find anything. I have since totally changed my diet and dropped from 270lbs to 190lbs and have not had any issues since.

2 questions, is this something to be disclosed? And second if I disclose it will it cause me issues in being renewed?

I dont know if you had to pay your doctor all that money for copays and visits.....any one of us here could have told you not to eat that gas-station sushi....

Hi all,

You'll have to disclose the doctor visit. It doesn't sound like there was a specific diagnosis made, so I doubt there would be any issues.

You'll have to disclose the doctor visit. It doesn't sound like there was a specific diagnosis made, so I doubt there would be any issues.

Yeah, I don't see a bout of diarrhea being an issue, we've all BTDT. Good job on getting a handle on your diet and weight!

I have since totally changed my diet and dropped from 270lbs to 190lbs and have not had any issues since.
GREAT accomplishment. not easy.
as others have mentioned... if there is no diag there is nothing to report apart from dr visit

Does the FAA really need to know that you were fat and crapped your pants a lot??!! Plus you corrected the problem. Good for you!!!Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back