Medical deferred for past depression, seeking input on how to proceed...

P

Pilot_in_Waiting

I had my first medical a couple weeks ago, and I'm seeking some input on how to proceed. I'd traveled to and had a consultation with a senior AME before this medical for advice and they told me I'd need to speak with a HIMS first before they would do my medical. I searched for and contacted a HIMS, who told me I'd have to have a medical first before I could work with them, so I went to a local AME for a medical.

The local AME did the medical evaluation and deferred as expected, but told me to just see my previous therapist or any local therapist to get a note stating the previous issues are resolved and I have no current tendencies to depression and send that to the FAA.

I'd tried to get the session notes from the previous therapist before all this but they would only release them to another therapist. After the medical, I reached out again asking for an appointment as the AME requested but they aren't responding to my emails/voicemails now. (also, last visit was 2.5 years ago, the situation causing the depression no longer exists now)

...So, how should I proceed?
  • A) See a local therapist, try to get previous notes, send those and a note from local therapist as AME said to FAA?
  • B) Pester old therapist till I get a response? (or leave voicemail as someone else with a different call back number)
  • C) Schedule with the HIMS? (I feel like this would be best)

and should I start now like the AME said, or wait for FAA to send me a letter of exactly what they want to see?

(1) gather record
(2) consult HIMS AME
Critical items: a. How long was the episode b. Was there ever a prior episode c. Any suicidality
Anywhere in the record. D. Any use of dual meds…ever?

(3) understand that FAA denies 100% of “recurrent disease untreated and unmonitored….”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back